Formulator for Animal Nutrition
CAREERS AT CARGILL
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Good communication and very good analytical skills for dealing with complex situations
• Proficient in Romanian language and good level in English (verbal and written)
• Able to work independently and in groups
• Animal nutrition knowledge
• Minimum of two years of related work experience
• Master's degree or other post-secondary degree in Animal Sciences (Animal Nutrition , Veterinarian, Agronomist )
• Prior experience in feed/premix production and experience in using software systems
• Biological knowledge of raw material characteristics, basic knowledge of formulation.
• Knowledge in monogastric and ruminants animals.
• Keen to learn, accuracy and eye for detail,
Are you passionate about formulation? We are looking for a Formulator who will be responsible for serving our production plants with: maintaining formulas for feed, developing buying studies, evaluate alternative ingredients to be used in plants and new product development in collaboration with other regional and global teams using different tools to manage this. The formulation activities support our production facilities with all product database related subjects which include developing and/or implementing formulation of products, making formulations ready for production via ERP system including labelling and necessary documentations based on local legislation.
• Ensure a safe and secure workplace by taking an active part in improvements and proper behavior.
• Collaborate with other teams, including production, quality control, supply chain, purchasing, pricing and marketing to achieve efficient operation and ensure high customer delivery.
• Daily maintenance of formulas following plant needs: logistics/supply chain request, marketing /commercial request
• Develop forecast studies in collaboration with Buying and Pricing department for future periods (short, long)
• Update formulation software with available raw material data, retrieving information from relevant sources, and reporting.
• Formulate and ensure the products are manufactured in accordance with applicable requirements and specifications, including labelling.
• Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.