ARM MPU Hardware intern
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.Requirements
• 3rd / 4th year student in Computer Science, Automatics, Electronics and Telecommunication or Electrical Faculty.
• Positive attitude.
• Eagerness to learn and discover .
• Having appetence for microcontroller world, both Hardware and Software aspects, aiming at orienting your career towards it .
• Being fluent in English. French speaking will be appreciated.
Responsibilities and duties
• Contributing to microcontroller-based systems design review and support (internal or customers’).
• Debugging boards in cooperation with the software team in order to do board bring-ups
• Doing reworks on boards in the lab and implementing rapid prototyping circuitry in order to do a proof-of-concept.
• Writing boards’ user documentation, white papers, application notes, etc.
Technical Skills acquired while working with us
• Understanding specifications of microcontroller-based boards and extensions.
• Getting familiar with: microcontroller systems architectures,
• datasheet structure that allows a good understanding on how to use the product described within,
• electronic engineering specific jargon,
• basic communication protocols ( SPI, I2C, UART, … ),
• schematic capture and PCB design environments (preferred tool is Altium),
• lab environment and tools usage: high-end instrumentation, SMT soldering, etc.
• and more…
• Getting to be familiar with high-end microcontrollers’ systems’ architecture, schematic and PCB design knowledge enhancement.
• Getting involved with real-world applications development know-how: from scratch to finished product.
• Becoming familiar and comfortable with high-end microcontroller boards setup and debug.
• Enhancing communication and teamwork abilities.
• Working in an international environment, practicing English (optionally French and Spanish).