2nd Line Transmission Engineer
Technology is a playground for ideas!
Vodafone Shared Services Romania is the place to make them come to life.
If you want to invest more in a career rather than just a job,
Meet us, Join us, Grow with us!
We stay hungry and true to our core values by recruiting people who are fun, passionate, open, and question everything.
Reflect on what your motivation is to come on board! We’re eager to hear your story.
We live and thrive in an ever-changing environment where creativity and productivity are key, within working hours, of course.
With these skills, you are a great candidate:
• English (spoken and written)
• Knowledge and experience in telecommunication services and technologies
• Knowledge of Radio Transmission technologies, OSI layer 2, IP & MPLS protocols, IP routers.
• Team working oriented
• University degree (e.g.: ETTI)
• Vendor certificates for informatic systems dedicated to fixed and mobile telecommunication networks (Infinera/Coriant, Huawei, Nokia, SIAE) are a plus.
• 1-2 Years experience in Telecommunication.
Your day to day:
Preventive and corrective 2nd level troubleshooting ensuring quality and continuity of service and the restoring time for Microwave Transmission Network elements. In collaboration with 1st Line Operations teams, work out procedures related to the analysis of alarms in order to detect and eliminate faults. Perform data configuration, software rollout and support integration activities with planning and delivery functions.
With these activities, you will have a great impact on our business:
• In case of incident assure trouble shooting analysis and all the repair actions, including vendor support escalation, in order to achieve service restoration of IP Backhauling and Microwave Transmission Network.
• Perform proactive maintenance activities to prevent incidents and constantly optimize the network. Take corrective measures based on performance management and indicators trend analysis.
• Assure planned work activities, network rollout, software upgrades and parameter changes in IP Backhauling and Microwave Transmission Network ensuring quality of service and avoiding regression on network functionalities
• Evaluation and optimization of software and hardware performances.
• Technical remote support for field service engineers for both incidental and planned activities.
• Knowledge sharing in order to increase technical skills of other teams involved in deployment and operations activities in the network.
• Identify, develop and/or test automation solutions for daily activities.
Sounds like the perfect job? We’ve got even more to offer:
• In this pandemic period we have 100% work from home for your safety. After this pandemic period we have 2 days work from home per week!
• Medical and dental services
• Life insurance
• Dedicated employee phone subscription
• Special discounts for gyms and retailers
• Annual Company Bonus
• Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills
• You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
• Getting in on the ground floor of and technology changing company
• Flexible Vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you!