Quantitative Data Analyst
ISD Analytics / Yield Book prides itself in setting a market standard for RMBS and CMBS collateral models that are the cornerstone of Fixed Income Analytics products and services provided by the firm. These models are underpinned by complex data that is used to analyse prepayment and credit behaviour of the underlying assets. Efficient data handling and visualizations are key to successful data modelling involved in the sector of Fixed Income.
This role involves interactions with Cloud Architects to drive platform evolution, onboard relevant services in the cloud environment, coordination of data loading into the platform
- Collect data operations requirements from Research quantitative analysts and data scientists
- Design optimal data services and data models to fit the use cases
- Prototype and experiment with cloud services to find optimal data processing patterns, services and third party solutions, set up automation pipelines
- Coordinate with Cloud Architects and other relevant partners in Technology, Information Security, and others, on the evolution of the cloud platform
- Assist and coordinate with Technology on data ingestion and ETL
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience working with big data in a cloud environment, preferably AWS.
- Expert level hands-on demonstrable knowledge of Python programming language.
- Knowledge of cloud based data processing technologies such as EMR, AWS RedShift, Snowflake, Dynamo DB etc are very strong plus
- Familiarity with Apache Spark, including PySpark is a strong plus
- Academic degree (MS preferred) in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar quantitative fields is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Linux operating system, csh/bash/ksh is a strong plus.
- Amazon Web Services Certifications are a strong plus.
- Strong work ethics and culture of responsibility and leadership.
- Excellent communication skills. Team player.
- Familiarity with source control system such as GIT and modern build and release systems.
- Familiarity with modern IDEs is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, good attention to details.
- Strong self-motivation to face technical challenges.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
- 25 days’ holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance policy
- Meal vouchers
- Share Purchase Plan
- Volunteering Days
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our culture of connecting, creating opportunity and delivering excellence shape how we think, how we do things and how we help our people fulfil their potential.
At LSEG we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We break down barriers and encourage collaboration, enabling innovation and rapid development of solutions that make a difference. Our workplace generates an enriching and rewarding experience for our people and customers alike. Our vision is to build an inclusive culture in which everyone feels driven to reach their potential.
We know that real personal growth cannot be achieved by simply climbing a career ladder – which is why we encourage and enable a wealth of avenues and interesting opportunities for everyone to broaden and deepen their skills and expertise.
LSEG are committed to supporting emotional, physical, financial and societal wellbeing. Our tailored benefits are a key part of this commitment and we offer colleagues a range of support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and consumer discounts.
We also make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please make your recruiter aware, we want to ensure you perform at your best.
As a global organisation spanning 70 countries and one rooted in a culture of growth, opportunity, diversity and innovation, LSEG is a place where everyone can grow, develop and fulfil your potential with purposeful careers.