Senior Java Developer - International - Remote
Randstad is specialized in solutions in the field of flexible work and human resources services. Our services range from regular temporary staffing and permanent placements to in-house, professionals, search & selection, and HR Solutions.
The Randstad Group is one of the leading HR services providers in the world, with top-three positions in Argentina, Belgium & Luxembourg, Canada, Chile, France, Germany, Greece, India, Mexico, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, the UK, and the United States as well as major positions in Australia and Japan.
In 2015, Randstad had approximately 29,750 corporate employees and around 4,473 branches and in-house locations in 39 countries around the world. Randstad generated revenue of € 19.2 billion in 2015. Randstad was founded in 1960 and is headquartered in Diemen, the Netherlands.
• 2+ years of experience developing applications in Java;
• Experience developing web applications;
• Java EE (Web Services, REST, JPA) experience;
• Unit testing familiarity (JUnit);
• Experience with ORM frameworks, preferably Hibernate;
• XML technology knowledge, XSL, XPath, XQuery, DTD, XML Schema;
• Strong background in applying formal development methodologies, including knowledge of use cases, requirements analysis, UML;
• SQL knowledge;
• Experience in using application servers Java (Tomcat, WebLogic): basic administration tasks, memory tuning, diagnostics, war deployments.
• Writing design documents and functional specifications;
• Participating in design and code reviews;
• Developing and unit testing new software;
• Debugging and fixing bugs during stabilization of the software;
• Installation and configuration of system components (hardware and software);
• Supporting the system post deployment.
Technologies, tools to be used:
• Java 8, OpenJDK 8
• Junit, Mockito
• SOAP/REST Web Services
• Database: Oracle, PostgreSql
• Agile methodology, SCRUM, S.O.L.I.D. principles, Continuous Integration, Microservices
• Tools: Maven, Git, Bamboo, Jira, Confluence, Eclipse, IntelliJ