QA Automation Engineer for Leads & Content team in Portal
About the company
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications.
Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology.
Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team
The Leads and Content team is part of the Portal Business Solutions department of 1and1.
The products we are developing enable large online marketing campaigns and leverage the big number of users interacting with the platform, by collecting qualified leads, offering incentive mechanisms and sponsor switching mechanism. Central to our business are our web portals.
Making them available to customers and building secure flows that lead to or from the portals requires a holistic approach to software development and means that Leads and Content team business covers the whole range of topics from CMS related work, to web services, caching, DBs and all the communication flow that happens in-between. A fundamental pillar in our current work is building our continuous integration and delivery pipelines.
Regardless of the business projects we cater to, a cross-cutting aspect in this team is establishing a DevOps culture. This has impact over our collaboration, affinity, tooling and scaling approach.
- Plan, design, develop, execute and report different types of tests for our web-based products as well as infrastructure
- Investigate, report, document and check bugs resulting from testing process
- Design functional regression tests for new system releases
- Test the application from a security point of view
- Work with partners both in the close team and in a distributed team in Germany
- Develop, extend and maintain an automation test stack (Java-based automation framework)
- Contribute to the department Continuous Delivery Strategy from the QA perspective
- Conduct feature demos and presentations for product stakeholders
We are currently looking for a colleague to help us further develop these great products:
If the perspective of joining our team and using your IT skills to evolve such an advertising platform appeals to you…
… you should be comfortable with the following technical background:
- QA discipline and its variations (functional and non-functional testing, smoke, acceptance, performance, stress testing)
- QA process pillars: designing test cases, writing, maintaining and evolving automated tests, executing manual tests, reporting bugs, assessing criticality, following-up on fixes and giving opinions on candidate production releases
- Usability and accessibility testing
- Testing web portals
- Strong knowledge of browser debug tools
- Basic infrastructure concepts, load balancing, logs investigation, monitoring
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Java 8 and related technologies
- Relational Databases, SQL
- Automated test frameworks and tooling: Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber, Serenity, Junit, JBehave, Jmeter, Postman, BurpSuite or other frameworks that enable the same result
- Designing and understanding development and testing processes
- Understanding release lifecycle and all its supporting tools and technologies: Maven, Git, Branching Models, Rundeck, GitLab runners
- Adhering to the DevOps methodology and cultural aspects
- Testing RESTful Web Services (especially REST APIs)
- The Spring framework
- Microservice oriented architecture
- Have very good command of English language (both written and spoken)
- See yourself as an application QA and automation engineer as well as a platform QA with all the implied care for the continuous delivery pipeline
- Work on projects in a distributed team
- Interact daily with all the roles of a project team (developers, QAs, operation engineers, product owners)
- Have a proactive approach towards your work and processes
- Adapt and adjust to change
- An outgoing, “get things done”, positive attitude
- Experience working with a CMS
- Security testing knowledge (BurpSuite or equivalent tools)