Senior Java Developer - Railway
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
We build software applications that allow trains to safely and securely bring passengers to their destination. These applications have high availability requirements, so they are not allowed to stall or randomly crash.
If you are passionate, you want to work with a mix of technologies and you have a good understanding of software architecture / design patterns, we would like to invite you to be part of our team as a Java micro-kernel developer
As part of our team, your responsibilities will include:
- Actively participate in creating the architecture, design and the implementation of the applications;
- Building and testing Application Program Interfaces (APIs) for applications to exchange data;
- Writing unit tests and documentation.
The development will be performed in close co-operation with international Thales experts from various countries and might require travelling.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or similar degree;
- Good understanding of software architecture and design patterns;
- At least 5 + years of experience with Java 8;
- CI/CD pipeline;
- Experience with Git, Bash, Gerrit, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar;
- Enterprise Integration patterns;
- Advanced level of written and spoken English.
Would be a plus
- Linux experience;
- Eclipse RCP;
- Spring/Spring Boot;
- Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry;
- Open also for front-end technologies (Angular 6+, ReactJs, Polymer);
- German language.