Accounts Receivable Specialist
2Checkout (now Verifone) is the leading all-in-one monetization platform for global businesses built to help clients drive sales growth across channels and increase market share by simplifying the complexities of modern commerce. 2Checkout’s digital services, including global payments, subscription billing, merchandising, taxes, compliance, and risk, help clients stay focused on innovating their products while delivering exceptional customer experiences.
In August 2020, 2Checkout was acquired by Verifone, the leading global provider of payment and commerce solutions. Both companies share the same vision: to simplify modern commerce and facilitate frictionless experiences, enabling companies to optimize their business performance.
2Checkout will continue its journey as Verifone, having even greater financial strength, scalability, resources, relationships, and market potential.
Verifone is transforming everyday transactions into opportunities for connected commerce. Verifone is connecting payment devices to the cloud, merging the online and in-store shopping experience and creating the next generation of digital engagement between merchants and consumers.
Built on a 30-year history of uncompromised security with approximately 29 million devices and terminals deployed worldwide. Verifone’s team is known as trusted experts who work with clients and partners, helping to solve their most complex payments challenges. Verifone has clients and partners in more than 150 countries, including the world’s best-known retail brands, financial institutions, and payment providers.
Verifone revolutionizes commerce. Simply. Everywhere.
As part of the new journey, 2Checkout (now Verifone) is growing the talented tech team in Bucharest where it will create an R&D excellence center.
Almost 100 jobs will be open in the following months to work on top-notch payments like: integrating alternative payment methods, payments authentication, mobile POS application, payment gateway solutions, android platform for payment devices and others.
The new colleagues will have the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technologies for solutions used in more than 150 markets in which Verifone operates. They will also contribute to the development of ultra-innovative payment solutions and integrated ecosystems used in all global sales channels, both online and offline, many of which do not currently exist in Romania. This is a collaborative and fast paced work environment, where people work with real time problems, that make a big impact in the industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance
- 2 to 4 years of experience in financial or accounting activities, including: intermediate - Excel skills, experience with multiple currencies, experience in dealing with audit requirements, goal orientation, strong follow-up skills, and attention to details
- At least 1 year experience in Accounts Payable /Accounts Receivable/Collections
- Ability to seek out relevant information from others (co-workers, other employees in the Field, banks etc.)
- Multitasking and managing workload in order to meet deadlines
- Initiative and working independently with little guidance from management
- Innovative thinking
- Fluency in English
- Analyze, investigate and reconcile invoices to ensure accurate balances on the accounts
- Process timely and accurate payment of invoices
- Review invoices and payments requests for satisfactory payment approval.
- Reconcile client payments and bank statements; perform necessary verifications to avoid overpayment
- Reconcile all the rejected payments
- Prepare regular monitoring reports and reconciliations – monthly, annually.
- Timely escalations to first line manager, providing relevant and complete information
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure target achievements and to close open balances. Be responsible to follow up to completion
- Recognize consistent problem areas and report to higher level for action
- Assist with the automation of manual processes
- Update process documentation
- Assist with the various yearly audits
- Build and maintain effective internal working relationships and support teamwork in meeting company goals
- Actively participate in achieving the goals of the team and the department