Reporting to: Delivery Lead, Life & DI New Business
Department name: MMUS Technology Location: Bucharest, Ro / Cluj, Ro
Key goal: Liaison to the business, facilitation of work prioritization, capacity, and demand management as well as financial responsibility for a minimum of a $1.5M portfolio.
Who We Are – MassMutual Romania
MassMutual Romania – in partnership with MassMutual in the United States – will help shape a culture of innovation and to create the digital products and technology solutions that help people secure their future and protect the ones they love.
Positioning MassMutual for its next 20 million customers and remaining innovative in a digital-first world led to the creation of MassMutual Romania in 2020. With offices in Bucharest and Cluj, MassMutual Romania was established to build an in-house team with expertise in application development and support, quality assurance and data science.
For 170 years, MassMutual has put its customers at the heart of what it does by providing holistic financial solutions, guidance, and education on their terms. Its long-term strategy helps ensure that policyowners and their loved ones can rely on them to be there when they need them most.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a Project Manager to become a MassMutual team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual. If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Project Manager to join our team.
The Life & DI New Business Team is seeking an exceptional and experienced Project Manager. The nature of this segment of the Life & DI business is one of diverse and broadly applicable work. Engaging in this space requires exposure to a broad system of work, applications, technical teams and business partners across different business segment including exposure to our Haventech and Coverpath counterparts. Currently the total team size is 16 with 2 project managers, 5 developers, 5 business analysts/consultants, 1 test manager, and 5 offshore testers (GCC).
- Interaction with vendor hosted systems, contracter and FTE resources that are matrixed across the enterprise
- Manage all aspects of financials including forecasting, invoicing, and monthly accruals
- Organizing meetings to discuss projects goals and progress
- Maintaining project timeframes, budgeting estimates and status reports
- Setting projects goals and developing plans to meet those goals
- Maintaining projects timeframes, budgeting estimates and status reports
- Coordinating projects team members and developing schedules and individual responsibilities
- Implementing IT strategies that deliver projects on schedule and within budget
- Using project management tools to track project performance and schedule adherence
- Conducting risk assessments for projects
- Organization and task management are key to this role as multiple work requests will be active and at various stages of delivery at any given time
- Ability to tailor messaging based on audience and convey information in a clear and concise manner
- Active listening skills to elicit feedback and information from the team and stakeholders to anticipate and mitigate risks
- Must have the ability to maintain a view of the big picture across the project/process while tracking more granular work through execution
- Strong business relationship mindset and prioritization skills
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and strong budget management expertise
- At least 5 years of experience in project management, with a focus on the financial service industry, business applications etc.