2nd Line Engineer, Interactive TV Systems
Technology is a playground for ideas!
Vodafone Shared Services Romania is the place to make them come to life.
If you want to invest more in a career rather than just a job,
Meet us, Join us, Grow with us!
We stay hungry and true to our core values by recruiting people who are fun, passionate, open, and question everything.
Reflect on what your motivation is to come on board! We’re eager to hear your story.
We live and thrive in an ever-changing environment where creativity and productivity are key, within working hours, of course.
With these skills, you are a great candidate:
• Very good knowledge of AWS, container architecture and microservices, possibly with corresponding certificates
• Very good knowledge of TV technology, IP, HF and DVB standards (MPEG, TS, SI, CA)
• Very good knowledge of media streaming in IP networks, XML, databases, network technology and common office programs
• Detailed specialist knowledge of network structures, system technologies and protocols in modern telecommunications networks or IT networks
• Very good English communication skills, both spoken and written.
• Experience in the administration of servers and operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc.)
• Experience in data analytics is an advantage
• Strong customer orientation and analytical thinking skills
• Very good analytical, conceptual and organizational skills
Your day to day:
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex technical issues in the GigaTV / Adscanner production environments, providing top notch support for our customers.
• Solves technical issues reported by the monitoring department (Front Office).
• Performs emergency recovery actions for components in the GigaTV / Adscanner infrastructure.
• Captures logs and debug information from GigaTV / Adscanner systems.
• Documents temporary and permanent fixes that were deployed.
• Develops custom scripts for the automation of certain operational tasks and service monitoring of the Interactive TV Systems.
• Performs emergency configuration actions in order to solve issues raised after the deployment of changes or during incidents impacting the GigaTV / Adscanner infrastructure.
• Coordinates and is involved during the implementation of high-risk changes including network upgrade activities, software upgrades and GigaTV / Adscanner infrastructure parameter changes, maintaining the quality of service and avoiding platform dysfunctionalities.
• Implements preventive maintenance actions.
• Coordinates integration / acceptance testing for new network elements in the GigaTV / Adscanner infrastructure.
• Regularly participates in internal and external training sessions in order to improve their technical skills.
• Trains the monitoring operators (1st Line) and new employees in TV Operations.
Sounds like the perfect job? We’ve got even more to offer:
• In this pandemic period we have 100% work from home for your safety. After this pandemic period we have 2 days work from home per week!
• Medical and dental services.
• Life insurance.
• Dedicated employee phone subscription.
• Special discounts for gyms and retailers.
• Annual Company Bonus.
• Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills.
• You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology.
• Getting in on the ground floor of and technology changing company.
• Flexible Vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you!