Our people make the difference!
We are a purpose driven company with ambitious, highly skilled people and an academic culture that we are proud of. We use our passion for mathematics to optimize organizations and, with every mathematical optimization and analytics solution we implement, we make the world a little better.
At ORTEC, you will be part of a unique organization and team! We will support you in finding your strengths and the best way to succeed within the company through a challenging, hands-on experience.
What we do
As a company that is driven by data and technology, we focus on improving the impact our solutions have on our customers’ business. Therefore, research and development is an important factor in our activity. We continuously strive to improve our product suite and services. We develop optimization and analytics solutions that are state-of-the-art and often pioneering. Our employees have vast experience in Operations Research and IT, which we combine with extensive knowledge of industry-specific business processes across almost every industry imaginable. What is our everyday goal? Finding better solutions in shorter times, providing our customers with a key to sustainable success in a challenging world. We operate a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive.
The ORTEC journey started in the early 1980s. A few young Dutch students wanted to show the world the value of mathematics to secure long term sustainable growth for organizations and society at large. 37 years later, ORTEC is the world’s leading supplier of mathematical optimization software and advanced analytics with around 1000 employees and offices in 13 countries around the globe. Over the years, we have optimized business processes at more than 2,000 leading companies, enabling us to make a significant contribution to a better world.
Who are you?
As a successful candidate you are:
- Highly motivated person, career oriented and positive attitude;
- Quality oriented and customer focus;
- Knowledge or an interest to learn and use techniques such as XSL, SQL, Python, PowerShell, Spotfire, PowerBI;
- Great analytical skills and result oriented;
- Interested in operating in an international environment;
- A real team player;
- Fast learner, able to self-train, flexible and open minded;
- Good communication skills;
- Enthusiastic about ad-hoc travels to different customer sites or ORTEC offices around the world.
- University degree in relevant field (preferably IT)
- Relevant work experience from 2-5 years;
- For trainee level, no work experience needed, but related studies and high potential abilities;
- Medium-advanced English level both written and oral;
- IT trainings and/or certificates are a plus;
- Previous experience with clients is an advantage.
Our consultants in Bucharest are part of ORTEC Global Operations center which is an expertise unit helping ORTEC offices around the world. You will be part of project teams implementing our solutions to customers in various countries such as US, Brazil, South Africa, Netherlands, UK, Nordics, and others.
As a software implementation consultant, you are involved within the full implementation cycle, translating the customer process to our ORTEC Routing Products. Understanding the customer needs is essential, since you will be the one configuring the application together with the rest of the team. Guiding and training the users during the implementation is also part of your job. This makes the role as consultant very dynamic since you are both working with a high-end optimization solution, and you communicate directly with the end users.
Taking ownership is key in this role as together with the main players you are responsible for the complete implementation cycle. And as a team, you make sure that we deliver what we promised.
- Great opportunities to develop yourself (clear career paths, yearly evaluations and increases, job rotation program)
- Annual bonus based on team’s accomplishments – up to 1 full salary;
- Additional vacation days based on years at ORTEC;
- An open and friendly work environment with a great location, new and easy to access office building;
- Relaxation areas, daily fruits delivery, foosball table, our own bar the ”ORTap”
- On-site chair massage;
- Events: Annual teambuilding, Christmas party, monthly ORTEC Sports Day;
- ORTEC is implementing a Work from Anywhere policy that combines the benefits from the past as well as the learnings from the present;
- Sports benefits offered in collaboration with the network 7card;
- “Bookster “subscription;
- Fun quizzes, cooking sessions, coffee calls with colleagues and much more creativity in this new world we are all adjusting to.