Software Engineer- Stability & Performance
The Stability Performance Engineer will be part of a team responsible for developing the software components for Telematics Products.
• System monitoring, profiling, and optimization of startup/boot time, CPU load, and memory bandwidth.
• Analysis, evaluation and clarification of customer requirements including change requests.
• Analysis of issues and actively coordinating the bug-fixing with all involved parties.
• Supporting the efforts related to overall system startup, stability and performance concepts.
• Monitoring the domains and suppliers in respect to stability and performance aspects.
• Analysis of the stability related issues (back trace extraction, core file analysis, etc.) and support domains solving these issues.
• Alignment of implementation concepts with Software and System architecture.
• Interaction with other Functional Owners to ensure compliance with the stability/performance policies.
• Participation in performance reviews and in customer meetings.
• Reporting of domain status to stakeholders.
• Working knowledge of software development processes.
• Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
• Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or other relevant (IT connected) specializations
• At least 5-year of experience in embedded systems, preferable in automotive
• 5-year+ experience in SW development (OOA, OOD, OOP)
• Expertise in stabilization of embedded systems
• Analytical skills and good system understanding in the embedded SW area.
• Expertise in system introspection, system, stability and performance
• Knowledge in automotive System-/SW Engineering
• Good knowledge in operating system architecture and inter process communication methods
• Self-driven, autonomous and systematic way of working and able to help other achieve this.
• Good English language skills.
• Knowledge in Infotainment/Telematics systems and experience in working inside Automotive projects
• Good understanding and working skills in C++, Linux, SW architecture (UML), MS Office tools
• Knowledge in SW development processes (e.g. V-Model, ASPICE, etc.)
• Knowledge in Linux, AUTOSAR core technology
• Willingness to travel (0-20% of time) depending on the project necessities