DevSecOps Engineer-Space Business
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
Dev[Sec]Ops Engineer for Space Business
Short task description
Design and implement new Cybersecurity features as part of common services, automatically deployed with Ansible within our products and platforms. Improve associated CI/CD pipelines, increase automation level of deployment activities, support the deployments work on the operations side and tackle integrations. Detect and manage vulnerabilities all along the lifecycle. DevOps engineers must also display knowledge of different computer languages, including Python.
Job responsibilities include:
- Develop and integrate new Ansible blueprints to add new features
- Design and construct CI/CD pipelines, optimize and constantly improve the CI/CD process via continuous improvement activities
- User support and coaching of developers and testers
- Automation of processes like deployment, update and orchestration
- Support workshops with product lines
- Automate build and deploy processes for CI/CD
- Documentation of functionalities and work results
The development will be performed in a professional environment in close co-operation with experts from France.
Requested technical competencies:
- Advanced Experiences with Linux command line, Packaging and file systems
- Working experience with container & orchestration technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of IaC stack - Ansible, Terraform, Puppet or Chef
- Knowledge of Jenkins Pipeline and Groovy
- Experience with Bitbucket or Gitlab, Nexus or Artifactory and SonarQube
- Experience with agile development methods (Scrum)
- Good understanding of networks
- Experience with requirements management
Would be a plus:
- Understanding of VMWare infrastructures
- Experience with software build systems (GNU Makefile, Maven or Gradle)
- Knowledge of Change Management
- Experiences in Linux, OpenStack, Ceph and CloudFoundry / Kubernetes
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Bash, Perl or Python
- Experience with version control tools
- Intercultural communication, including the empathy to work in an international team
- Willingness to travel
- Solution oriented while being open to embrace new technologies
- Very good cognitive aptitudes
- Interpersonal qualities (sociability, empathy, flexibility)
- Self-management qualities (consciousness, tolerance)
- Good work attitude (task orientation, assertiveness)
- English – business fluent
Joining Thales, you will integrate into a tight-knit team working in an international and friendly environment. Thanks to various teams working on multiple fields and domains, all located in Bucharest, you will be able to evolve and grow your competences in different areas.
Room for and attention to personal development
The opportunity to grow within the organisation, for instance on a technical, managerial or international level, within the various markets Thales is working in
YOUR IMMEDIATE BENEFITS
24 holiday days a year
A good work-life balance which includes flexible working hours and work from home options
A comprehensive compensation and benefit package including medical coverage
YOUR WORKING LOCATION IN ROMANIA:
Hosted in the new state-of-the-art Orhideea Towers, our Bucharest site is home to over 400 employees working across the various Thales businesses. A modern facility with views of the city, we are across the street from Grozavesti subway station and tram stop.At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here.