Transactional Buyer with French
Our purpose at Goodyear is to build trust and to create an environment where associates are inspired by work. We believe in our people and we embrace change in order to engage and enable associates to realize their full potential.
If you want to be part of a great team, based in Bucharest, to work in a fast paced, world class organization, then you are in the right place because we have the perfect job for you!
You can count on our flexible working hours and work from home benefits.
Just apply and let’s meet to discuss more about what we could offer you more and about your career opportunities!
Founded in 1898, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 21 countries, and has one of the most recognizable brand names in the world. Its global headquarters is in Akron, Ohio, USA.
In Romania, Goodyear Dunlop has been present since 1999 and it is represented by two different legal entities, Goodyear Dunlop Tires (Sales Office) and Goodyear Operations.
Goodyear Operations Romania is the Global Business Services Center of Goodyear Dunlop EMEA. The GBS Center in Bucharest started back in July 2011. The core mission of the Center has always been to provide internal customer satisfaction with the shared responsibility of delivery - Driving performance as ONE TEAM.
To Join Our Team You Will Need:
• Experience in a similar role, as part of Procurement function or other customer/ stakeholder interacting roles, for a minimum of 1 year;
• Experience in multinational working environment desired;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and preferably French;
• Ability to follow procedures and sequential processes;
• Critical thinking skills to analyze/ review orders and drive process efficiencies and improvement;
• Team player and strong interpersonal skills;
• Proven ability to work on own initiative;
• Diligent – ensure deadlines are met and priorities are balanced accordingly;
• Provide transactional purchasing activities related to indirect spend, based on service level agreements and policy thresholds, using the local language of the country being supported, as needed;
• Verify purchase requisitions and processing requirements, determine best source of supply by using all available suppliers (from PSL and incumbent) conducting simplified sourcing/bidding activities, place the orders and ensure POs are consistent with contractual agreements or approved terms and conditions;
• Complete order follow-up tasks including purchase order acknowledgements, order monitoring and close-out, blocked invoice resolution trough AP workflow and non-fulfilled orders;
• When preferred suppliers are not available, explore alternate sources for goods and materials, in line with category strategy;
• Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships and especially with the ones in the Preferred Supplier List;
• Identifies repetitive buys as candidate for catalogues and shares other sourcing ideas with Commodity Buyer;
• Directs shopping carts to frame contracts & catalogues where available;
• Contacts e-catalogue enabler to include item in an appropriate catalogue, if an item is recurring;
• Conduct expediting as necessary, including coordinating the vendor master information, monitoring of open orders and or closing of inactive orders based on policy, keeping all relevant stakeholders aware of order status;
• Interacts with Stakeholders, Buyers and Suppliers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and training requests.
If You Join Us, You Will Enjoy:
• Competitive salary package
• Free private medical services
• Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal
• 25 vacation days/year
• Referral bonuses for new hires recommended by you
• WFH & Flexible Working Hours
• Discount price to purchase Goodyear tires
• Free access to the Bookster library
• Discount on products and services through agreed partnership