Procurement Contract Manager
- Contract Knowledge - Need to comprehend, state, reconcile, and negotiate commercial elements to appropriately define what we are contracting for, and an understanding of legal terms and conditions as they pertain to what is being contracted for.
- Negotiating skills
- Manage multiple inputs - Must be able to understand the entire framework and the dependencies.
- End to end procurement knowledge, sourcing
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Project management skills
- English language proficiency
- Proficiency in additional language required
- Understanding the requirements and scope in order to achieve the best results and meet expectations.
- Identifying the proper documents that are to be used and involving Legal, if necessary, improves the process timeline and reduces the need for rework.
- Managing the Supplier communications and expectations in order to help smooth out the process and hopefully foster a good working relationship.
- Knowing commercial and legal terms that are and are not negotiable will guide the redline or change review process and negotiations. Engage the necessary stakeholders to understand business goals and risks.
- Obtaining approval from the appropriate stakeholders on a final agreed upon document including a summary highlighting the value, cost savings, business risks, and other important items to note.
- Ensure different levels of review and approval depending on the changes agreed upon through the negotiations.The ability to automate the approval workflow greatly enhances this process.
- Managing the documents that requires both parties’ authorized signatures and keeping the valid documents in a repository.