IVVQ Support Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Thales active
View all jobs IVVQ Support Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
Thales Corporate Engineering (TCE) manage the transformation and performance plans for Thales Group in order to enhance the competitiveness of Thales engineering organisation as a whole. One of the solutions for enhancing our engineers’ competitiveness in Thales entities is to provide them packaged Engineering Environments (E2) including processes, tools and infrastructures as services.
As part of the Engineering Environment Definition & Deployment Support (E2DDS) department, the Practices & Tools Support (PTS) service is in charge of supporting engineering support teams of entities to deploy and use an extensive tool suite on projects called Orchestra.
The tool named VIVALDI, developed by Thales, supports Integration, Verification, Validation and Quality (IVVQ) activities. This tool is linked to the other tools as IBM DOORS and Atlassian JIRA. Vivaldi relies on Dassault Systems Reqtify and Thales LIGO to manage links between tests and the other engineering artefacts.
Short task description
IVVQ Support role is focused on increasing the automation level of deployment and integration activities. Participate to the extension of best practices and tools for all Software and System Test activities, to achieve accelerated and more frequent deployment of changes toward test and production environments.
Job responsibilities include:
- Coaching on practices and tools - answer to coaching requests by identifying solutions and associated configuration to deploy VIVALDI and LIGO taking into account project constraints
- Support the deployment of the IVVQ good practices by producing adapted strategy test plan and coaching on VIVALDI usage.
- Training on practices and tools - deliver training sessions on Vivaldi and LIGO to local support teams and end users and update training materials, especially for digital trainings
- Collaboration with engineering support team to maintain & improve the processes, practices and tool configurations
- Managing incidents concerning the usage of VIVALDI and LIGO
- Collaboration with development teams to solve together the issues found
The activities will be performed in a professional environment in close co-operation with experts from France.
We are looking for an outstanding applicant who can demonstrate the following qualities:
- Technical study of Computer Science, Informatics, Mathematics, Electronics or similar)
- Ability to understand and interpret product specifications
- Basic Java knowledge
- Experience in deploying IVVQ practices and tools
- A good understanding of the business approach
- Experience in delivering trainings and offering tool support
- Good problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Basic knowledge of Visual Basic for Applications
- Flexibility to travel
- Good customer relationship
- Fluency in English
Would be a plus:
- Knowledge of Shell or Python scripting
- Basic Linux skills
- Experience with REST APIs
- French - conversation level
- Intercultural communication, including the empathy to work in an international team
- Willingness to travel
- Solution oriented while being open to embrace new technologies
- Interpersonal qualities (sociability, empathy, flexibility)
- Self-management qualities (consciousness, tolerance)
- Good work attitude (task orientation)
- English – business fluent
- Professional development in multinational environment, training opportunities, attractive salary, medical care, 24 paid vacation days, restaurant tickets, sports programs, housing loans, etc.