HRS and Payroll Global Business Controller
Garrett is a cutting-edge technology provider that enables vehicles to become safer, more connected, efficient and environmentally friendly. We lead the development of innovative and differentiated solutions which empower the transportation industry to redefine and further advance motion. We partner with the world’s leading car and truck manufacturers, creating the turbocharging, electric boosting and connected vehicle systems central to the latest generation of fuel efficient and lower emissions vehicles.Cerinte
Bachelor / Master’s Degree from Economics, Finance, HR or relevant area
• +8 years of experience in compliance and external or internal audit
• Data privacy and Risk management experience
• Finance and / or Payroll experience
• SOX knowledge
• Experience in executing LEAN projects in a service organization
• Experience in managing and advising senior stakeholders on global leadership level
• Experience working across multiple business units
• Fluent in English
• Other language skill is advantage
• Strong communication skills
• Able to meet tight deadlines
• Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
• Data driven mindset
• Ability to quickly shift between changing priorities
• Strong process improvement and change management skills
• Ability to deal with a high-paced environment
• Change management and strong project management skills
• Critical problem-solving ability
• An ability to analyze and interpret information quickly
• Strong analytical skills
• Driving implementation of the risk and compliance framework consisting of HR, HRS and Payroll SOX standards and controls.
• Fostering a harmonizing, standard and where possible automated control framework in consultation with global process owners as well as Corporate Financial Compliance.
• Supporting SOX attestation processes, in collaboration with Internal Controls department.
• Understanding business processes; reviewing process documentation and having a good understanding of key risks and mitigating controls.
• Performing risk assessments to understand risk level, significance and scope.
• Developing standard control documentation templates as per the SOX framework requirements and pay defects root cause analysis.
• Implementing control review templates on a global level.
• Providing training to control owners on controls definition, purpose and execution.
• Regular internal SOX controls pre-testing (outside Internal Controls department scope).
• Offering support to Audit Board tool, when necessary.
• Constant monitoring of timely upload of SOX controls documentation in Internal Controls tool.
• Understanding relevant laws and regulations per each country and ensure local compliance.
• Investigating irregularities and non-compliant issues.
• Reporting back to business functions on current risk and compliance performance.
• Proactively collaborating within HR, HRS, Payroll and with internal stakeholders to embed standards, procedures and compliance into the end-to-end processes.
• Providing leadership, consultation and decision support to HR, HRS and Payroll business on compliance related topics and major initiatives.
• Following-up on reviews performed by internal and external assurance providers (Internal/ external audits, Data privacy) and defining necessary improvement actions.
• Leading the implementation of the continuous improvement and defect prevention programs.
• Improving policies, procedures and processes – identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Working closely with functional users to enhance and maintain programs quality.
• Ensuring the management of changes are implemented, proposing solutions to achieve objectives and providing training.
• Maintain excellent customer relationship, attends operational and system review calls and proactively seeks for improvements.
• Proactively cooperate and share best practice with other HR, HRS and Payroll team members and stakeholders.
• Prepare and present dashboards and reports on KPIs to senior management.
• Provide improvement and efficiency project updates.
Quality & Process Improvement
• Ensures all processes and system settings are compliant with local legal and compliance regulations.
• Assists local and country teams in analyzing problems and identifying root causes.
• Ensures that corrective framework is implemented properly, preventive actions are taken and monitors the trends of the problems within the teams.
• Initiates and implements improvements of the process, quality and controls.
• Influence key stakeholders on the benefits of process improvements.