Android Developer - Senior
The Bucharest Office is one of AG’s IT Centers that offers support for the Corporation Teams in the Data warehouse, System Engineering, QA Automation Engineering, Web & Mobile Development arias.
We are a young, ambitious and dynamic team, growing together with the company through high trainings offered by our specialists in a variety of technologies across all platforms.
• Computer Science Degree or IT Studies;
• 5-10 years of experience in full project life cycle and fundamental understanding of Custom development and package implementations;
• 5-10 years of experience in full project life cycle and fundamental understanding of infrastructure design, planning and development and deployment;
• Good knowledge of OOP (Object Orientation Programming) and Design patterns;
• Good knowledge of Java language or Kotlin (Android);
• Experience of using Android frameworks;
• Experience with third-party libraries (Google Maps, Google analytics SDK, Retrofit), REST APIs and storage mechanisms (SQL Lite);
• Knowledge of Android Design Guidelines;
• Knowledge of how to write unit tests for the corresponding platform;
• Experience in UI development, custom animations is a plus;
• Good Knowledge of mobile development.
Nice to have:
• Skills on both (iOS & Android) platforms or willingness to learn both platforms;
• Experience with Google Play Distribution Process;
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines, Git/SVN, JIRA, Gradle, Carthage etc.;
• Knowledge of patterns like MVC and MVVM.
• Mature analytical skills to identify root cause of problems;
• Proactive approach to working with the business;
• Adhering to development standards while also contributing to the ongoing development of such standards;
• Understands the flow of data across an end-to-end process and impact of data changes;
• Provides support to resource and project managers for resource utilization, leadership, and performance feedback;
• Seeks feedback from business stakeholders to improve performance;
• Ability and desire to learn new technical skills;
• Analytical, conceptual and creative thinking skills;
• Able to handle a dynamic environment with focus on success and productivity;
• Flexible, positive and team-oriented attitude;
• Strong English written and verbal skills.
• Maintenance of the existing mobile Android Applications;
• Plan, design and write systems software and integration solutions that focus on providing solutions to business capabilities;
• UI design, unit testing, debugging and building new releases;
• Create product releases and submit the applications to appropriate stores Working with business users and business analysts to understand the requirements to deliver and support software and integration solutions;
• Leverages software tools and applications to develop, configures, or enhance business applications and integrate data within or between business applications;
• Working with data and other team members to deliver technical solutions that meet the requirements of the business challenges;
• Working with third party vendors and providers to develop on premise - ensure that solutions follow software development best practices;
• Assist in new implementation and improvement processes of the Android Applications - recommendation and ongoing management of software and data integration tools;
• Participates in working through both project work efforts and production support issues;
• Maintains working knowledge and documentation of how data is utilized and maintained across applications;
• Works with the business to quickly estimate the level of effort to provide a viable solution in order to obtain the business benefit;
• Improves communication by speaking effectively with both business users and technical developers;
• Actively participates on a mix of small to large sized projects concurrently alongside other engineers or independently;
• Mentors junior developers on process, IT technologies, and project methodology;
• Partners with 3rd party integrators and consulting firms to understand impacts of proposed business requests and develop estimates;
• Displays the ability to work effectively on projects using waterfall and iterative methodologies = 1;
• Effectively works on project teams consisting of business, IT, contractor and offshore resources.
American Greetings is looking for a new member eager to join its team in Bucharest, within the Web Apps Department. The Android Developer position will be responsible for the maintenance and development of existing mobile Android Applications of the company. This role is expected to work closely with both IT and business professionals to solve problems and develop new solutions to business challenges.
In return, we offer:
• A Great working environment with a talented team;
• An attractive compensation package with professional progression.
About American Greetings
American Greetings is a creator and manufacturer of innovative social expression products that assist consumers in enhancing their relationships to create Happiness, Laughter and Love.
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, American Greetings has offices worldwide in Canada, UK - Europe, Australia, Asia and generates annual revenue of approximately $ billion.
The Bucharest Office is AG’s IT Centers that does Web & Mobile Development, Database Management, System Engineering, SAP Development.
We are a young, ambitious and dynamic team, growing together with the company through high trainings offered by our specialists in a variety of technologies across all platforms:
• Oracle, SQL, Informatica, Teradata, ETL, Unix/Shell Scripting, QlikView, Cloudera – Data Warehouse;
• Linux, Microsoft Windows - Active Directory, Exchange, VM-Ware – System Admin;
• Java, Groovy, Selenium, Apium, Geb - QA Automation and much more.
We are in Cotroceni Business Center, next to AFI and Politehnica University.
To know us better, please access our web pages:
Join us and you’ll discover nice people, a team of professionals and a place where you come to work with pleasure :)