Garrett is a cutting-edge technology provider that enables vehicles to become safer, more connected, efficient and environmentally friendly. We lead the development of innovative and differentiated solutions which empower the transportation industry to redefine and further advance motion. We partner with the world’s leading car and truck manufacturers, creating the turbocharging, electric boosting and connected vehicle systems central to the latest generation of fuel efficient and lower emissions vehicles.Requirements
To become our new colleague, you must have the following skills and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in the Automotive Industry experience in complex supplier negotiations including preparing and administering Long Term Agreements
• Working experience with SAP (or other system) environment (SAP would be a big plus)
• Very well skilled with MS Office Excel, PowerPoint, Projects, Word.
• Tough, sound negotiator
• Advanced level of English both in verbal and written communication
We value employees that have:
• Proven effectiveness in working in a global, multicultural environment
• Ability to travel (plane, car), even within short notice
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to communicate concisely and act in a multicultural and cross-functional environment at all levels inside and outside the company
• Strong influencing skills
• Action oriented, results driven with proven track record of achieving business goals
• Team builder, motivator and team player Strategic thinker; uses creative and innovative problem-solving approach
As our new colleague, you will be in charge with improving region competitiveness through cost reductions in liaison with Commodity Organization.
Find our more about some of your main responsibilities as a Buyer:
• Supports Commodity in productivity objectives and capacity gap analysis.
• Suggests HLRR opportunities to commodity & participates to VE ideas generation for Regional Projects.
• Executes VE, HLRR, logistics productivity actions in line with AOP requirements and in collaboration with Commodity organization.
• Manages post-SOP Engineering changes with suppliers in relation with.
• Executes suppliers selection process on HLRR projects.
• Provides input to commodity to support supplier prospection needs identification.
• Prepares and updates pricing information in SAP.
• Defines and executes first level of actions of gap closure plan (capacity & productivity).
• Supports Commodity organization to reach the Region negotiation objectives.
• Supports Commodity in supplier performance review and action plan tracking.
• Collects capacity data from suppliers.
• Handles logistics / capacity / quality issues in the region as the first sourcing interface of plant supply chain & Quality (according to escalation process). Validates and negotiates charge-back amounts below.
• Implement Mitigation action plan in the Region.
• Manage supplier past due reduction in strong collaboration with global vendor team
• Support global cost improvement initiatives within the region
If you wish to be part of our team, we are offering:
• Training programs;
• Career growth opportunities on various exciting projects or in the people management area;
• Experienced leaders to help you guide and support your professional development;
• Diverse, international and multicultural work environment;
• Competitive salary and an attractive benefits package;
• A fast-paced and dynamic work environment full of challenging and interesting work;