New Product Introduction Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Leader
Garrett is a cutting-edge technology provider that enables vehicles to become safer, more connected, efficient and environmentally friendly. We lead the development of innovative and differentiated solutions which empower the transportation industry to redefine and further advance motion. We partner with the world’s leading car and truck manufacturers, creating the turbocharging, electric boosting and connected vehicle systems central to the latest generation of fuel efficient and lower emissions vehicles.Requirements
To become our new colleague, you must have the following skills and qualifications:
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering
• Six Sigma Green Belt certified
• Minitab knowledge (Cpks, GRR, Correlations)
• Experience in Product Development and Application Launches
• Demonstrated expertise in Design for Manufacturing
• 6+ years applicable experience as Manufacturing Engineer in the automotive industry
• 6+ years experience in managing complex projects with multiple goals of time, cost and quality
• Knowledge of assembly and machining manufacturing practices
• Experience in Problem resolution by 8D, 5 why's or other tools
• Effective interaction with large x-functional teams at multilocation & different time zone
• Able to communicate oral and written in English
We value employees that have:
• Black Belt / Lean expert is preferred
• Master Degree is a plus
• Solid works or CATIA knowledge is a plus
• Well organized to manage multiple competing priorities in parallel.
• Effective communicator & Program management skills
• Responsive and responsible to deliver on commitments.
• Motivates and influences others, promoting self-learning and continuous improvement
As our new New Product Introduction Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Leader (NPI AME Leader) you will responsible to ensure NPI process is in compliance with Product/Process targets through but not limited to CAPEX, Design Reviews, DFM, MRL, PFMEA, MRA process . You will also partner with the ME/NPI Engineers in the Plant to achieve ODT/PPAP milestones. You will be point of contact between AME COE's (Centers of Excellence) ,SME's, Plant & Engineering to execute end to end launches across the Plants in line with Global Manufacturing Strategies.
As our new colleague, you will be in charge with:
• Responsible to prepare AME Kick off Meeting to introduce new technologies to AME/ Plant community .
• Responsible to consolidate internal CAPEX & Manufacturing Plan from SME’s ,AME COE’s, Plant NPI ME’s for bidding purposes for Lead Application.
• Responsible to audit and signs-off Phase Exit criteria for NPIs represented by overall KPI’s: MRL, DFM, PFMEA, Capacity , Tooling, ODT & PPAP readiness.
• Leads make versus buy process for internal manufacturing for new Technologies.
• Leads MRL overall system and drives actions to meet Phase exit targets.
• Participate in Product Assurance Reviews, PAC reviews (Local), GBE TAM 3 attendance.
• Supports Lead Engineer with prototype first Built Report for B-samples x-functionally with SME’s ,AME COE’s & Plant NPI ME’s .
• Supports Engineering, AME SME’s & COE’s to develop design standards and manufacturability concepts.
• Drives escalations to GBE Manager and PM assigned to the project.
• Leads MOS with Plant ME/NPI ME for project assigned.
• Participates in AME COE's & SME's MOS
• Prepares MRL report for New Technologies and signs off for MRA for mainstream
• Supports Manufacturing Strategy communication to Customers
If you wish to be part of our team, we are offering:
• Training programs;
• Career growth opportunities on various exciting projects or in the people management area;
• Experienced leaders to help you guide and support your professional development;
• Diverse, international and multicultural work environment;
• Competitive salary and an attractive benefits package;
• A fast-paced and dynamic work environment full of challenging and interesting work;