: Responsible for all aspects of the java development process.
As the complexity in the world continues to increase, it’s getting hard to get simple. At MassMutual, our vision is to help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. Within MassMutual Technology, we have undergone some recent changes to simplify our organization to deliver on this vision. We will be a dependable partner to our businesses by providing high quality IT services on time and within budget. We will do so by simplifying our architecture to focus on strategically valuable technologies, investing in our people to equip them with skills of the future, and promoting a culture of ownership and delivery.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a BIRT Developer to become a MassMutual team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a BIRT Developer to join our team.
The BIRT Developer will work from our Bucharest office while collaborating with the Global MassMutual teams and provide support in the Advisor 360 Delivery area. The person who will join this role will report to a local manager based in Bucharest.
▪ Responsible for all aspects of the java development process
▪ Work closely with Testers, Business SME’s and Tech Lead(s)
▪ Operate independently on multiple project tasks
▪ Participate in all phases of project planning, execution, and testing
▪ Support multiple, concurrent efforts in an agile methodology
▪ Produce applicable artifacts per SDLC /Audit requirements
▪ Minimum 2+ years of java development experience
▪ Strong application development and problem-solving skills
▪ Experience with Java, HTML, XML
▪ Knowledge of SQL programming (SQL Server, UDB, DB2) preferred
▪ Interact with business clients, application developers, architects, vendors and various technical support teams
▪ Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, comfortable working autonomously and with ambiguity
▪ Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple teams and third-party vendors
▪ Comfortable expressing unique points of view while respecting the views of others
▪ Familiarity with BIRT or similar reporting or charting tool or B.I. platform (including Jasper, Crystal Reports, Pentaho, SpagoBI or similar)
▪ Familiarity with at least one Java EE project, specification or framework (Struts, Spring, Faces, Commons, Log4j, jaxB, xslt or other similar)
▪ Familiarity with Microservice framework
▪ Experience delivering unit tests along with new functionality
▪ Working in a startup or agile development environments
▪ Experience with any of the following technologies: AWS, SQL Server, SQL, CSS, Visual Basic, C#, C++, TFS
▪ Experience in multi-platform application implementation (desktop, mobile