Responsible for delivering high quality web applications and service components using the newest technology.
Who We Are – MassMutual
As the complexity in the world continues to increase, it’s getting hard to get simple. At MassMutual, our vision is to help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. Within MassMutual Technology, we have undergone some recent changes to simplify our organization to deliver on this vision. We will be a dependable partner to our businesses by providing high quality IT services on time and within budget. We will do so by simplifying our architecture to focus on strategically valuable technologies, investing in our people to equip them with skills of the future, and promoting a culture of ownership and delivery.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a C# Web Developer to become a MassMutual team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
The C# Web Developer will work from our Bucharest office while collaborating with the Global MassMutual teams and provide support in the investment delivery services area. The person who will join this role will report to a local manager based in Bucharest.
As a C# Web Developer, you’ll have an opportunity to deliver high quality web applications and service components using the newest technologies, tools, and patterns. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
▪ Agile scrum meetings, as appropriate, to track and drive individual accountability
▪ Ad hoc collaboration sessions to define and adopt standards and best practices
▪ A weekly ½ hour team huddle to discuss initiatives across the entire team
▪ A weekly ½ hour team training session focused on comprehension of our team delivery model
▪ Code! Code! Code!
▪ Minimum of 8 years web development experience in a team setting
▪ Experience using Agile Scrum and Jira
▪ Deep understanding of tools including Jenkins, Docker, React, Angular, BitBucket
▪ Deep understanding of various design and architectural patterns including Service-Oriented Architecture/Microservices
▪ Strong experience in .NET core development, object-oriented programming, and T-SQL
▪ Experience implementing continuous integration, continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
▪ Must be self-aware, resilience, and possess the ability to lead
▪ AWS Developer and/or AWS Solutions Architect certifications strongly desired
▪ Advanced or Mastery level web development skills using new technologies
▪ Team player that thrives in a highly collaborative environment
▪ Exceptional organization and communication skills