Operations Skills Development Manager
British American Tobacco is a leading tobacco group, with brands sold in more than 200 markets. We employ more than 57,000 people and, with over 200 brands in our portfolio, we make the cigarette chosen by one in eight of the world’s one billion adult smokers. We hold robust market positions in each of our four regions – Americas; Asia-Pacific; Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa; and Western Europe – and we are leaders in more than 60 markets.Cerinte
- University degree with 3 – 4 years of working experience in a multinational environment
- Language skills : proficiency in English
- Deep learning and development functional knowledge
- Able to challenge self and others - assertiveness
- Flexible, able to cope well with an increasing changing environment
- Influential and persuasive (negotiating skills)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Project Management skills
- Pro-active, initiative taking, self-starter with a focus on continuous improvement
- Assessor skills
- Good business understanding
- Process (re) design and development experience
- Ability to work in a highly complex, international organisation/ environment
- IT literate in all common software programmes
- Pro-actively engages with business partners to ensure the right capabilities (competences, knowledge, behaviors) exist in the organization.
- Responsible for raising the profile of Operations Training & Development to encourage progressive learning process and result based training culture.
- Ensure effective training approach in building the Functional Skills, Knowledge and
- Behavior requirement for all employees.
- Creates and implements staff development programs that support the organization succession planning objectives and foster a highly effective and leadership structure.
- Develop and implement organisational development strategies for Change and Effectiveness, which supports delivery of the overall business strategy.
- The incumbent will be expected to deliver the Factory’s Learning & Development strategy.
- Creates and implements Factory’s Learning & Development strategy to support delivery of the overall business strategy
- Develop an overall strategy for the continuous development of Functional skills ,
- Knowledge and Behaviour in Ploiesti factory in order to ensure individuals have the right capabilities to deliver effective operational results.
- Implement Operations Training & Development plans to ensure BAT best practices are consistently applied & integrated into local organisation.
- Design and coordinates development programmes based on both the organisation's and the individual's needs
- Manage the total training budget; assess the return on investment and return on expectations of any training or development programme
- Position Operations Skills Development management as a critical business success factor in driving a high performance culture
- Develop a highly effective technical training team that can deliver technical training programme and technical training requirements to meet business requirements.
- Develop and upgrade Technical Training Specialists’ / Trainers’ competencies through exposure to new training techniques, methodologies, suitable training programmes and involvement in relevant projects to deliver optimal result.
- Lead the Technical training team in achieving Line of Sight through clear role & responsibilities with positive performance outcomes and achieving a winning organization and promote team work among the Region’s pool of technical trainers and specialists.
- Maintain good networking with OEM manufacturers and external training providers with regards to latest technical technologies, training techniques and training aids to ensure continuous improvement.