Pricing Specialist- Terminals
Every great brand stands for something and, at Vodafone, our purpose is ‘to connect for a better future’.
Vodafone is a leading telecommunications company in Europe and Africa. Our expertise and scale give us a unique opportunity to drive positive change for society. Our networks keep family, friends, businesses and governments connected and – as the COVID-19 pandemic has proven – we play a vital role in keeping economies running and the functioning of critical sectors like education and healthcare.
Working at Vodafone is all about helping people to benefit from the new technology and innovations. We bring the future to even the most remote places, using technology to help families in disaster zones, enabling access to digital for the vulnerable, connecting millions of vehicles to the internet and thinking about technology that doesn’t even exist yet.
Over 30 years ago, we made the first ever mobile phone call and sent the first SMS in Britain and have been changing the lives of billions of people ever since. In Romania, we are also carrying a long history of firsts – first mobile operator in Romania, first GSM operator to launch the short messaging service (SMS) and first to offer GPRS (2001), 3G (2005), 4G (2012) and 5G (2019) services – and innovations: we offered world’s first live hologram concert and, later, 4K holograms of Romanian mothers.
We believe being different is good. We can only leverage this diversity by building an inclusive culture where everyone is respected, can be themselves and strive to be their best. We do this through our maternity and parental leave policies, by empowering women through connectivity and improving access to education and digital skills for women, girls, and society at large. We are respectful of all individuals, irrespective of race, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, belief, culture or religion. Your different perspectives help us to shape the future.
At Vodafone, we are also taking significant steps to reduce our impact on our planet by reducing our greenhouse gas emissions by 50% by 2025, purchasing 100% of our electricity from renewable sources by 2025, and reusing, reselling or recycling 100% of our redundant network equipment.
The future is exciting. Ready?
- Good command of English language (written and spoken) - mandatory
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Telecom industry
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Finance and Commercial departments ( e.g.: financial analysis, budgets preparation, forecast, cost analysis) - mandatory
- Excellent data management skills (experience using statistical software for analysing large datasets) - mandatory
- Proficient in MS Excel, Access, and PowerPoint - mandatory requirement
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills (communication, persuasion, influencing)
- Monitor and assess the competition activities and timely inform the management through comparative analyses;
- Prepare commercial assumptions and assessments both for product and services launch recommending effective pricing solutions; ensure compliance with Group Pricing guidance;
- Prepare financial analysis for promotional handset initiatives;
- Conduct post implementation reviews of promotional services and/or services campaigns;
- Get regular feedback of the status of each initiative ensuring all relevant issues are addressed; ensure compliance with the internal project delivery process and commercial planning activities;
- Ensure significant insights are provided based on product, services, terminals profitability analysis;
- Propose and set up the prices for handsets and all the other equipment sold by Vodafone taking into consideration the approved level of subsidy;
- Weekly analysis of the terminals portfolio profitability and subsidy level. Recommend changes and/or improvements to top management if needed;
- Centralize and coordinate the customer base , revenue and subsidy input for financial planning;
- Monitoring all projects and ensure all the timelines are met both for implementations and post implementations