Java Developer Internship
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Your main mission
We are looking for a passionate Java Developer to work in an agile team on the development of a Master Data Management application to sustain the video-games industry business.
You will be working as a part of a Project Team (including project managers, business analysts and developers) and collaborating with Business and IT Teams in a fast-paced international environment where we enjoy the projects and the people we work with
What you’ll do
- Develop, implement and maintain Java based components and interfaces;
- Build / enhance data models and database architecture;
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications;
- Perform application testing and validation;
- Provide bug fixes and support to troubleshoot Production challenges;
- Build and maintain technical and functional specifications.
What you’ll bring as experience
- Understanding of object-oriented programming;
- Knowledge of technical planning, development of Java/JEE applications;
- Ability in understanding, analyzing and enhancing unknown code;
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL, JDBC and data modeling;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other technical discipline;
What is nice to have
- Oracle/SQL/Database programming experience;
- Web service technologies including SOAP, XML, JAX-WS, REST;
- Apache Tomcat or other Java EE servers such as JBoss, Websphere or Weblogic.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.