Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Solutions Engineer
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, (NYSE: DXC), is a digital strategy and software engineering firm providing bespoke technology solutions that drive business change for customers the world over. Luxoft uses technology to enable business transformation, enhance customer experiences, and boost operational efficiency through its strategy, consulting, and engineering services. Luxoft combines a unique blend of engineering excellence and deep industry expertise, specializing in automotive, financial services, travel and hospitality, healthcare, life sciences, media and telecommunications. Luxoft is well known for its consistent high level of delivery and complex project management, its premier digital engineering talent, exceptional client focus, and agility, creativity, and remarkable problem-solving capabilities.
Our customer development team is seeking a highly motivated software solutions engineer with strong technical knowledge of software architecture and application frameworks. The candidate will be a member of a global team performing qualification, test & validation on Hyperconverged appliances based on general purpose x86 servers.
• Linux System Administration
• Datacenter Hypervisors and Cluster Managers
• Base Linux networking knowledge
• Computer architecture knowledge (memory hierarchy, processors, GPUs, etc.)
• Application performance / optimization / diagnosis
• Hardware and Storage configuration
• Candidates must be able to install and configure solution hardware (including servers, fabric and storage) and software (applications, OS, drivers and firmware).
• Ability to assess application performance / resource utilization and be able to optimize / tune for maximum performance is necessary.
• Candidate must be self-motivated and able to work completely self-directed once training is completed.
• Excellent written and oral communications is required.
• Strong teamwork is essential.
• Experience working as part of a broader, global team preferred.
• Scripting is a plus
• Experience with BMC / IPMI is a plus
Specific tasks required include:
• setting up configuration
• install workload
• update firmware and drivers
• execute test cases
• debug / root cause issues identified and run qualification tests for new options.