INTERNSHIP AUTOMATION DATA ENGINEER @Betfair Romania Development
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Jobs from top companies in Romania active
View all jobs INTERNSHIP AUTOMATION DATA ENGINEER @Betfair Romania Development active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internship active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Who we are:
Betfair Romania Development is the development powerhouse behind the Paddy Power Betfair Group. We are in Cluj-Napoca since 2009, now employing over 900 highly skilled professionals who cover a wide range of tech and non-tech areas such as development, data, information security, infrastructure, product and project management, digital marketing or sports operations.
We work on delivering unrivalled products across the industry, therefore being a Center of Excellence not only amongst PPB's European offices, but also for supporting our colleagues at Sportsbet (AUS) and FanDuel (US) in creating a safe and excitement experience to our customers around the world.
At Betfair Romania Development, we know that an inclusive workplace makes for more engaged employees. As an industry leader, we continuously strive to maintain and grow a diverse and inclusive environment whilst also ensuring that we set the standards in ethical conduct and corporate responsibility.
Think Betfair. Experience Different.
It is no question that we, as a business, thrive on leveraging the power of people. We have a passion for innovation and a pace of change that creates a whirlwind of opportunities. At Betfair Romania Development, we believe in experiencing different. If you're tired of business as usual and want to create something new, you'll love it here. Quick-thinking, adaptable and disruptive, we believe the future is what you make it. Welcome to software development with a difference.
This our challenge:
- Delivering product at scale for over 5 million customers, 99,9% of transactions in less than a second
- Our systems process more than 7 million transactions every day (more than all the European stock exchanges combined)
- Deliver high transitional products, serving more than 2.5Bn calls a day
- Diverse and up to date technical landscape to explore, leverage and innovate
- The products you'll develop will comply with ambitious uptime targets: less than 50 minutes downtime expected per year
- Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing
What you are going to do:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated, self-motivated Automation/DevOps Engineer intern to work within our Data Automation team to support all Data platforms and services across Paddy Power Betfair. The successful candidate will be proactive, thorough and have excellent technical and problem-solving skills, with a positive and results-driven attitude.
The successful candidate will have good technical and problem solving skills, with a positive and results driven attitude, a strong communicator who is capable of interacting with both technical and non-technical people.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Work as an effective member of Data Automation team - understanding and contributing to the evaluation and installation of new applications, monitoring and support of existing ones, improving the existing cloud and on-premises environments by using Automation and DevOps tools and processes, scripting, and pushing for automation and an Automation / DevOps mentality.
- Write and maintain functional and technical specifications.
- Analyse code for problem resolution
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment;
- Ability to take ownership of an issue and work to tight timeframes as necessary;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Knowledge of any of the areas is a plus: Linux/Unix-like administration, RedHat/CentOS;
- Proactive work ethic with the ability to deliver results and meet challenging deadlines;
- Keen interest in working with new technologies;
- Good English language skills;
What you can expect:
- 25 days of annual leave;
- Sharesave scheme;
- „Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
- Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
- Free parking;
- Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy';
- Working from home options;
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record.If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.