Full Stack Network Engineer
Vitesco Technologies formerly (until September 2019) the Continental Powertrain Division, brings together the full spectrum of Continental’s drivetrain technology expertise. The company’s aim is to develop innovative, efficient electrification technologies for all types of vehicle. Its portfolio includes 48-volt electrification solutions, electric drives, and power electronics for hybrid and battery-electric vehicles. Furthermore, the product range counts electronic controls, sensors and actuators as well as solutions for exhaust after-treatment.Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering or related field, and 4+ years of IT network infrastructure experience, or Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering or related field, and 2+ years IT network infrastructure experience;
• Experience in implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices;
• Strong oral, written, communications and presentation skills;
• Willingness to support a 24x7x365 environment which may require after-hours, weekend, and holiday work.
• Specific experience in implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including: firewalls (Check Point/Cisco), routers (Cisco/HP), switches (Cisco/HP), WAN accelerators (Riverbed/Cisco), load balancers (F5 BigIP), Wireless Access Points and Wireless LAN Controllers (Cisco), DNS/DHCP (QIP/runIP), RADIUS & authentication (Cisco ISE) and monitoring/troubleshooting applications (HP/MRTG/Cacti/Wireshark);
• Knowledgeable in application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and Microsoft AD);
• The ability to understand and implement network traffic analysis, remote access & firewall encryption, authentication & authorization technologies;
• An understanding of – or experience with – SDN, SD-WAN, and/or Cloud (AWS and Azure Networking, e.g. DirectConnect/Expressroute, Transit Gateway, VPC-Setup) technologies;
• The ability to work with a geographically diverse team;
• The ability to travel occasionally;
• A willingness to mentor more junior staff members, interns, and support desk;
• The ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technologies and products, independently, using documentation and online resources;
• The ability to work closely and effectively with global customers & vendors for project or service related issues.
We are seeking a dedicated, analytical, and proactive full-stack Network Engineer with strong technical, interpersonal, and project management skills to work as part of a multinational global team responsible for the design, installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of a large-scale corporate network infrastructure.
• Recommend, design, test, install, configure, document, troubleshoot, and maintain a large-scale corporate network in the following areas:
• Cloud Infrastructure;
• SD-WAN, WAN, & WAN Acceleration;
• SDN, Data Center, Office, and/or Factory LAN;
• Wireless Networking;
• DMZs/firewalls, site-to-site/user-to-site connectivity, load balancing;
• Remote Access;
• Internet & Guest Access;
• RADIUS & other authentication methods;
• DHCP & DNS;
• Project Management related to network infrastructure projects;
• Service Review Meetings with internal/external partners;
• Acting as an intermediary to customers and vendors;
• Participating in global meetings/projects;
• Adhering to company standards in all aspects of the job.
• Recommend improvements to network infrastructure and associated components/services;
• Work closely with global colleagues to meet team goals, KPIs, and improve processes;
• Anticipate/diagnose problems and solve issues – often under time constraints – to meet SLAs or project deadlines;
• Monitor/resolve issues through our global ticketing & change management systems;
• Remain current on emerging technologies via professional groups, trade magazines, internal/external training, independent research/study, and other avenues available;
• Perform other tasks as requested by IT management.
• Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
• Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
• Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
• Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
• International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
• Relocation Package for non-Timisoara Residents;
• Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.