IoT 2nd Line Operations Engineer
Technology is a playground for ideas!
Vodafone Shared Services Romania is the place to make them come to life.
If you want to invest more in a career rather than just a job,
Meet us, Join us, Grow with us!
We stay hungry and true to our core values by recruiting people who are fun, passionate, open, and question everything.
Reflect on what your motivation is to come on board! We’re eager to hear your story.
We live and thrive in an ever-changing environment where creativity and productivity are key, within working hours, of course.
Apply if you have:
• Experience in operating and managing Networks Platforms in large-scale enterprise environment.
• A minimum of 2-3 years’ technical experience in the following technologies: Telecom Core PS Architecture, IP networking, switching and routing, mobile internet communication, protocols (IP/TCP, BGP/ MPLS/ IPSEC/ L3-VPN).
• Followed or interested in networking courses like CCNA/CCNP.
• English proficiency (B2-C1).
• Experience in troubleshooting and configuration of Core PS/IP solutions
• Basic programming skills in UNIX Shell Scripting
• Good stakeholders management
• Strong performance & customer orientation
• Ability to work across multi-functional and cultural boundaries to deliver results/change
Working for a global IoT market leader, as a 2nd Line Operations engineer you will be accountable for operating the IoT global data network. The role ensures high availability and optimal performance for the customer experience.
You will be collaborating with a highly energetic and professional group of individuals and for more details about the role, you can contact the team leader.
With us you will:
• Deliver 2nd line technical support for network applications and systems, provided by a variety of vendors.
• Support the delivery of new projects and services, designed to cope with the growing IoT service.
• Provide input for planning, assessment, implementation, rollout and preparation of change requests.
• Execute or manage incidents, problem and service requests including implementation of workarounds and changes including timely availability of major incident reports for any priority incident and actively driving the implementation of appropriate counter measures.
• Migrate customer solutions on new IoT platforms.
• To work with external customers to define requirements, solve technical issues and provide professional services.
• Working to defined service level agreements and key performance indicators.
• To assist in the building of knowledge and skills throughout the team and to work to continuously improve service to customers.
• Managing technical service ramp-up (installation, configuration and coordination of setup tasks) for network platforms.
What can you expect from us:
• Work from home – You can have home office 2 days per week
• Medical and dental services
• Life insurance
• Dedicated employee phone subscription
• Special discounts for gyms and retailers
• Annual Company Bonus
• Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills
• You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
• Getting in on the ground floor of an technology changing company
• Flexible Vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you