Junior Intel Sys Admin
The Bucharest Office is one of AG’s IT Centers that offers support for the Corporation Teams in the Data warehouse, System Engineering, QA Automation Engineering, Web & Mobile Development arias.
We are a young, ambitious and dynamic team, growing together with the company through high trainings offered by our specialists in a variety of technologies across all platforms.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
• Minimum 1 - 3 years in a large, enterprise client-server environment;
• Effective communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff;
• Demonstrate success with administrative time management and organizational skills;
• Demonstrate ability to work productively in teams;
• Demonstrate time management and organizational skills;
• Ability and desire to learn new technical skills quickly;
• Strong troubleshooting skills, and the ability to resolve technical problems on your own;
• Familiarity with backups, Disaster Recovery (DR) and restoration systems;
• Good, general knowledge of Enterprise Windows Server environment and virtualization technologies;
• Planning, implementation and ongoing support of Windows Server environment in multi-site organization;
• Supporting Windows architecture including active directory and networking;
• Planning, implementation and ongoing support of large VMWare environment including Horizon infrastructure;
• Supporting O365 technologies including Exchange, Sharepoint, and Teams;
• Creating and maintaining scripts to automate server administration and eliminate manual efforts.
• Computer Science Diploma;
• Microsoft MCSE or MCITP Certification – preferred but not required;
• VMWare Certification – preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Flexible, positive and team-oriented attitude;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work effectively with technical and business partners;
• Strong written, verbal and presentation abilities;
• Able to handle dynamic and high-pressure environment with focus on success and productivity;
• Demonstrate excellent analytical abilities and critical thinking;
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory;
• Solid knowledge of Windows 2008, Windows 2012, Windows 2016 Server Technology;
• Good working knowledge and supporting VMware ESXi 6.x environment;
• Knowledge of VMWare View – Virtual Desktop Infrastructure is a plus;
• General understanding of networking, networking technologies, and networking equipment (switches, routers, firewalls);
• Basic knowledge of information security principles;
• Good working knowledge of Lenovo xSeries (x86) hardware and Enterprise Flex technology;
• Basic knowledge of PowerShell, VBS, Batch scripting;
• General understanding and knowledge of enterprise MS applications including Exchange, SQL, IIS, and SharePoint;
• Basic knowledge of Fibre Channel, SAN, NAS, RAID and I/O Storage Sub-Systems;
• As new technologies emerge, the System Administrator is expected to learn these technologies very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new technologies with corporate systems/infrastructure.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Must be able to install, move and uninstall server hardware, not exceeding 50 pounds;
• In emergency situations, must be able to work extended hours, potentially up to 18 hours at a time.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Majority of work will be performed in normal, office space with occasional work within the data center.
Duties & Responsabilities:
• Work with the direct management and internal teams to ensure both project goals/deadlines are met;
• Process adherence from both a technical, internal standards, and compliance perspective;
• Manage open requests and incidents to ensure all work is delivered on time and with high quality;
• Assist cross-functional engineering teams at WHQ to perform design and engineering for new solutions and the implementation of those solutions;
• Work closely with other cross-functional teams to provide a stable and scalable Intel infrastructure;
• Provides technical, operational, and performance analysis for the enterprise server infrastructure and makes recommendations for improvements;
• Assist with planning, implementation and ongoing support of Windows Server environment in multi-site organization;
• Provide 1st and 2nd level Support for Windows servers, Active Directory, VMware environment;
• Assist with planning, implementation and ongoing support of large VMWare environment;
• Creating and maintaining scripts to automate server administration and eliminate manual efforts;
• Champion best practices, documentation, and operational improvements;
• Provide support for both planned and unplanned activities to minimize disruption to the business.
The Jr. Intel System Administrator position will be responsible for all daily activities within the server team including providing tier 1 and 2 sever management and administration support for all network server systems within the enterprise on various computer platforms as well as providing project work and off hours support. This individual will report directly to the Manager of the Server team.
About American Greetings
American Greetings is a creator and manufacturer of innovative social expression products that assist consumers in enhancing their relationships to create Happiness, Laughter and Love.
American Greetings’ major greeting card lines are American Greetings, Carlton Cards, Gibson, Recycled Paper Greetings and Papyrus. We also own large web collections of greetings on the Web.
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, American Greetings has offices worldwide in Canada, UK - Europe, Australia, Asia and generates annual revenue of approximately $ 1.9 billion.
The Bucharest Office is one of AG’s IT Centers that offers support for the Corporation Teams in the Data warehouse, System Engineering, SAP, Web & Mobile Development arias.
We are a young, ambitious and dynamic team, growing together with the company through high trainings offered by our specialists in a variety of technologies across all platforms:
• Oracle, SQL, Informatica, Teradata, ETL, Unix/Shell Scripting, QlikView, Cloudera – Data Warehouse;
• Linux, Microsoft Windows - Active Directory, Exchange, VM-Ware – System Admin;
• Java, Groovy, Selenium, Apium, Geb - QA Automation and much more.
We are in Cotroceni Business Center – close to Politechnica University and AFI.
To know us better, please access our web pages: