Technician (Climate Control - Air Conditioning) - NATO project
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
· Secondary education and basic training for specific task related skills with previous post related experience.
· Experience relative to the required duties and to (CIS) Project management or requirement analysis.
· Previous Staff experience at large military or governmental organization or major private companies.
· Activities that conduct strategic requirement analysis and include co-ordination of policy with external entities and agencies.
· The incumbent should have:
o Performed an extensive range and variety of complex technical and/or professional work activities and responsibilities in a variety of contexts.
o An IT background or wide experience in office communication and information systems.
o Few knowledge of region’s culture where NATO military forces and DCIS capabilities are to be employed.
· English: Listening, speaking, reading and writing shall be at a NATO level of English 2222.
· In possession of an active National or NATO security clearance to the minimum of Secret level.
· Must have a B, C drivers Licenses.
· Prior experience is setting up and operating a direct support motor pool facility in a field environment.
· Prior operating experience of vehicles up to and including 10 tons.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Your daily responsibilities will be as follows:
· Executes the maintenance of all provided air conditioning equipment organic to the DCM.
· Disassembles, repairs, reassembles, tests, adjusts, and inspects major items, assemblies, subassemblies and components of air conditioners.
· Co-ordinates down-time, schedules and performs preventive maintenance on all tactical air conditioners.
· Manages and supervises the accountability and usage of hand and power tools and test equipment to accomplish mechanical repairs.
· Ensures air conditioners are prepared for immediate deployment.
· Maintains historical maintenance records on all assigned air conditioners.
· Maintains a bench stock of spare parts; record all resources consumed and initiates supply- related documents to replenish bench stock.
· Maintains and operates a tool room in a fixed and deployed environment, maintenance records on air conditioners, a prescribe load list (PLL) in a fixed and deployed environment.
· Travel to NATO military exercises, as required.
· Provides air conditioner’s training to newly assigned personnel.
· Specific duties consist of:
· Periodic checks of air conditioning devices include (according to the user’s manual which can vary, depending on the type of device):
· Daily: Functional checks as for a unit, which is being deployed, connected and being used in a deployed status.
· Weekly/Monthly: All the steps for a unit, which is being kept in storage, are to be carried out by a technician or user under technical supervision: Unpacking, technical verification for damages or leaks, cleaning, exchanging of filters (if needed), verification of wires and hoses integrity and their condition, powering, units efficiency verification, putting back into storage or preparing a damage report and taking further actions if repairs are required.
Additional duties needed to be carried out:
· Acting as a dispatcher of blue and green fleet
· Transportation assets of civilian type, i.e. cars (sedan, station wagon), minibuses and vans, Personnel Vehicle Rough Terrain (PVRT) civilian version.
· Transportation assets are all tactical vehicles (normally green or camouflage colour sprayed and including tactical equipment), i.e. PVRT, tactical trucks, trucks tractor, trucks tanker, shelters, military trailers and recovery truck trailers, trailer generators and shelters normally used for an operation or an exercise
· Acting as a tool room manager (checking tools in and out to jobs, inspecting tools, Responsible for returning tools to the appropriate location ensuring tooling is kept in a secure organized, clean environment. Monitor tool usage and maintain a tooling database
· Acting as a bench stock (supervises low-cost, high-use, consumable items used by maintenance personnel at an unpredictable rate. Bench stocks consist of common hardware, nuts, bolts, washers, capacitors, wire, tubing, hoses, ropes, webbing, thread, welding rods, sandpaper, gasket material, sheet metal, seals, oils, grease, and repair kits)