Head of IT Delivery (New Center in Bucharest)
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
Basic Requirements (must haves):
- 8+ years of related experience with at least 5+ years of IT leadership, business unit, or other leadership experience and may have significantly more.
- Self-driven individual who has the vision of enhancing the productivity of our company' (IT) employees by leveraging the latest in technology.
- Understanding of the impact of IT on business results.
- Experience managing business engagements starting from building strong relationships with the various business leads to balancing a wide variety of priorities.
- Experience and knowledge of domain and/or proven record of learning quickly.
- Has an understanding of the IT organization and which areas support tools, applications services and projects across IT.
- Proven ability to apply financial insights and draw accurate conclusions from financial and other quantitative information.
- Assists in the development and definition of the business partners’ strategy.
Thought leader of technical knowledge in application development and execution.
- Highly experienced in agile and waterfall development methodologies.
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing and reasoning skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all business and technical levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership in coordinating initiatives across business and organizational boundaries, and building effective cross-functional teams.
- Ability to travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
As the Head of IT Delivery, you will:
Key roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages front line employees and one or more work cells to deliver business outcomes; strategic, operational and Business As Usual (BAU).
- Accountable for delivery and health of work-cells (agile or waterfall) team(s).
- Responsible for managing capacity / demand of team/work cells – gathering demand from IT and business leaders and planning accordingly, working with Portfolio Head(s).
- Accountable for selection and engagement of team members – attract, retain and develop talent.
- May have Product Owner responsibilities.
- Accountable for cost center budget of IT organization.
- Reports into the Executive levels of management (Head of Global Business Services Romania).
- Create and foster an environment that is proactive, agile, economical, collaborative and accountable.
- Coach, mentor and provide career guidance for all team members and build domain expertise within the teams.
- Accountable for execution and ensure alignment with best practices and standards as defined by CoEs and solutions deployed are secure as per EIRM standards.
- Collaborate within and across all channels to identify delivery efficiencies, ensure all teams are fully engaged, productive, and successful.
- Provides information to business partners about product line improvement opportunities and collaborates with them to drive down costs and support capabilities.
- Identify opportunities for innovation in working with business partners and technical teams.
- Ensure we’re using modern technologies, and responsible for leading the vision for technical delivery of the development of our products and services.