Assistant Corporate Finance Manager
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs British American Tobacco Global Business Services active
View all jobs Assistant Corporate Finance Manager active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Insurances - Financial Intermediaries active on Hipo.ro
GBS (Global Business Services) provides financial, human resources, audit and IT services to the British American Tobacco entities. Our category expertise, large capabilities and international operation makes us a unique business partner who excels in financial leadership and, therefore, offers great shareholder value for BAT.
If you have financial or HR areas background; you thrive when faced with a challenge and you are highly motivated; you want to develop your career in an organisation that will not only recognise the unique attributes you bring but will support your development and reward your contribution,
visit our website @ www.bat-careers.com
• A financial background with a professional accountancy qualification, relevant university degree or ACCA
• Practical experience in applying this finance knowledge in business projects & change process implementations as well as managing financial results (P&L).
• Have a good knowledge and understanding of group reporting procedures and policies
• Excellent spreadsheet and general computer skills, including SAP and BPC
• Good knowledge of the Company’s activities, policies and procedures
• Fluency in both written and spoken English
• The ability to develop good working relationship with key management in all departments
• Skills in creating & maintaining a strong control environment within Finance function & across the business
• Excellent stakeholder management & ability to both support & challenge managers, and lead by example
• Excellent communication skills
• A commercial approach to all activities.
• Contribute in delivery of financial advice to the management team and to define, implement and supervise the internal control system across finance function
• Participates in controlling, reviewing and validating financial data to provide management with timely and accurate financial information to enable effective and efficient decision-making
• Understanding GBS functional budgets and variances versus previous reporting exercise
• Consolidation of GBS cost base by Function and by location
• Perform variance analysis and cause of change details to explain variances on the cost base versus previous budget exercise (by location, by cost drivers, by functions up to lowest BPC L5)
• Provide support on ad-hoc Global GBS requests
• Review prepayments, accruals, and perform month end closure journals for reclassification if needed
• Monthly Variance Analysis Actuals year to date spend versus latest estimate budget
• Raise PO SRM / IC PO via IGT, perform GR, PO closure, retrospective POs report
• Ensure project costs are recharged to the correct budget holder, PO raised and RRB billing
• Prepares monthly GBS reports – local entity and management views for Global GBS
• Review and analyse the Actuals year to date spend review against latest budget version and engage with other GBS Finance locations to understand the root cause for material variances and if any sensitivities needs to be highlighted.
• Support on going changes in company business model; undertakes ad hoc reviews & input into company’s projects
• Provides support to Global Planning & Reporting manager in maintaining and developing a sound control environment around