Raw Materials Food Safety, Regulatory and Quality Lead
CAREERS AT CARGILL
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com
• Bachelor's Degree, specialization: food industry / agronomy / biology / biochemistry
• Minimum 3 years of working experience in the field of quality determination, storage and preservation of cereals and oil seeds
• Team coordination experience
• Computer literacy, MS Office, especially Excel
• English language: advanced level, both written and spoken
• Knowledge of determining the quality of consumer seeds
• Regulatory knowledge of food safety legislation
• Driving licence, B category.
• Verifies, maintains and implement the Food Safety and Quality Systems, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), Sanitation Standard Operating Procedure (SSOP), prerequisite programs, manufacturing processes, plant environment, and finished product for Cargill silos and for Bucharest and Sofia trading offices;
• Assure quality and Food Safety monitoring in Cargill silos and 3rd party stocks and report to Supply Chain and commercial teams
• Ensures adherence to corporate, regulatory, customer and facility food safety and quality requirements and completion of corrections and corrective actions, liaising with commercial and supply chain teams for issues raised in Romanian plants, and Romanian/Bulgarian domestic market;
• Ensures the harvest monitoring is carried out quickly and according to plan for both Romania and Bulgaria, and that results are promptly reported;
• Leads food safety focused internal audits (Corporate Food Safety, EFISC-GTP, customer, regulatory) in Cargill Romanian/Bulgarian sites (plants and offices);
• Performs suppliers’ audit (raw materials and service suppliers), and manages reporting and follow-ups;
• Investigates and follows up on food safety and quality incidents that occur in the plants and/or in the commercial activity, runs an appropriate root cause analysis, ensures they are properly reported to the management and inputted into our internal software, and that corrective actions and permanent corrections are taken, connecting with commercial and supply chain teams;
• Verifies, maintains and implements the laboratory quality system in line with GMP and Cargill requirements and manage calibration for laboratory equipment.
• Coordinates and leads the laboratory teams overseeing the workflow
• Responsible for the safety of the laboratory staff, assure the EHS system for the laboratory meets Cargill requirements;
• Provides leadership, development, and talent management activities for direct reports which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management, training, and budgeting.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter today!