Transport & Logistic Sourcing specialist
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Cargill active
View all jobs Transport & Logistic Sourcing specialist active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Acquisitions - Logistics - Supplies active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Agriculture active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Transport active on Hipo.ro
CAREERS AT CARGILL
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com
Your focus will be on freight sourcing and you will support the implementation of Transport & Logistics Cargill strategy, manage segment sourcing negotiations, deeply understand the market and business/revenue opportunities for Cargill businesses. May be involved in one or more transportation & logistics modes of truck and rail.
• Secondary or higher education level
• Between 3-5 years’ experience in a Transportation or Forwarder role
• Experience in agribusiness will be a plus
• Computer literacy and experience with advance MS Excel spreadsheet data extraction and Transport Management System
• Experience managing multiple priorities and tasks daily
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Intermediate knowledge of transportation & logistic market and carriers
• Good understanding of supply chain processes
• Good understanding of business functions, focused on cost and budget controls
• Systemic approach to problem solving and decision making
• Ability to set priorities and organize work
• Open to change and continuous improvement focused
• Team oriented mindset
• Experience with SAP will be a plus.
• Partner with trading, supply chain and shipment execution identify inter-modal/other opportunities; Understand the relevant transportation segment market, the related business model and customer requirements of each business unit.
• Maintain an excellent level of market awareness across the region where Business unit operates and lead the communication towards our stakeholders; Conducts routine external and internal market research to obtain market conditions on the transportation & logistics industry. Translate changes in the market into management information for the Business and the Transport strategy.
• Vendor management processes; (selection, onboarding, contract negotiations, compliance and relationship management) and drive carrier performance improvements OTIF (Supplier score card – Incident management).
• Establishes strong working relationships with Cargill carrier operators and with outside carrier owners/operators.
• Lead sourcing events and manage spot sourcing incl. spend analyses / / quote analyses / negotiation / bid optimization / selection / awarding and value tracking
• Proactively provide forecasts to the carriers to manage and secure the transport capacity. Coordinate the transportation tactical planning and ensure that transport capacity is secured for individual shipments.
• Responsible for complying with control mechanism in place, and with the relevant functional/business policies and procedures.
• Gathers, synthesizes and analyses data, prepares reports and presentations, to report transportation performance
• Lead Continuous Improvement projects and participate in cross function and cross-country projects
• Assist and support operational activities (Spot sourcing/Finding capacity/Freight Booking) :
• Follow up with the execution of the shipments. Monitors the status of the loading and shipment and performs track and trace activities to confirm status of shipment throughout the shipment execution process.
• Timely and accurate data input (SAP/TMS) to ensure KPI reporting and use these reports to drive continuous improvement and corrective actions.
• Keeps clear track of all papers and documents proving the execution of the shipment and archives them accordingly.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter today!