In this challenging role with good growth opportunities, the Internal Controller will be supporting process owners throughout the Group to implement, maintain and in some cases (re)design the internal control framework.
The Internal Control Specialist will work closely with both the Group team and the Countries’ teams. This position requires strong big picture focus, without losing sight of the details to ensure you fully understand the challenges, risks and processes to develop the internal control framework. Input to the internal control policies and procedures are highly valued and contribute to the success of the department.
This position, based in Bucharest, offers an overview of the whole Group as part of a small HQ team, with direct reporting to the Internal Control Manager.
- Understand the business, identify key risks, perform risk assessment;
- Plan, perform and report internal control assignments;
- Propose recommendations to the business process owners;
- Prepare, discus and follow-up on mitigating actions with the Countries/process responsible;
- Draw up reports in a clear and structured way;
- Assist the Department’s manager during preparation of reports for Group’s top management;
- Identify areas of strengths and weaknesses and engage in continuous education and staff development for best practices; - Stay up-to-date with the organizational and business developments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or Finance;
- One of the ACCA or CIA certifications in progress will be considered as an advantage;
- 2-3 years of previous experience (controlling, finance or reporting background as internal controller or internal/external auditor, with process improvement/definition is a plus);
- English language: A must at advanced level (B2-C1);
- French language: Nice to have (B1-B2 level);
- Microsoft Office – advanced skills;
- Database advanced processing skills;
- Significant exposure to financial information systems;
- Willingness to travel.