Internal Control Specialist
Schlumberger is looking for innovators to shape the future of energy. If you share our passion for discovery, we’ll give you the platform to turn it into real impact. If you want to discover what you can do next, then this is the place for you. Are you looking for a challenging career move in Finance? We invite you to learn more about the open positions that the Schlumberger Bucharest Financial Hub has to offer! We opened our Bucharest Financial Hub in 2012 and it is currently our biggest hub in the Romanian capital. Our Schlumberger Financial Hubs are centers of excellence that encourage curious and talented people to develop in a dynamic environment, helping them build successful careers in order to achieve their full potential. Does this sound like the ideal next step in your career? If so, then learn about the opportunities our Bucharest Financial Hub has to offer. Join the winning team at Schlumberger.
We are currently hiring talented Internal Control Specialist to join our team in Cotroceni offices, Bucharest. Day to day you will be responsible for supporting the GRA Manager and OI process owners to design, develop and implement a fit for purpose controls framework integrated with Schlumberger operations.
The Internal Control Specialist will also build the control competencies required to execute controls first time right, self-assess and report on controls performance. This role is also responsible for supporting Heads of Process in migrating controls from Field to Hub as agreed with the Business.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits as well as challenge and progression in your role. With a growing team and the opportunity to work flexible hours there has ever been a better time to join the Cameron, Schlumberger team!
- Work with Process Owners to design and deploy a fit for purpose standard controls framework (based upon current QCC and ICQ) including Control Work Instructions, Evidence Retention Guidelines & Controls Performance Reporting (Testing);
- Train control operators on timetable and execution of controls self-assessment;
- Perform sample testing of controls according to controls guidance implemented on standard sample sizes and frequency of testing;
- Assist in the report audit and controls effectiveness and co-ordinate Process control inputs to a quarterly Business Assurance Committee;
- Train process staff on correct processes for investigation and root cause analysis of control failures and ensure standard reporting and remediation action;
- Drive monitoring and resolution of open remediation plans arising from control inefficiencies;
- Champion continuous improvement of the control framework through elimination, simplification, standardization & automation and manage Risk Identification and Control Improvement exercises by Processes. To be done in collaboration with OI and BI processes;
- Ensure that controls implemented are suitably standardized and rationalized within the business by reviewing with the process owners on existing processes and controls;
- Co-ordinate with Heads of Process to integrate the controls framework into Accenture operations and ensure Accenture assurance and controls reporting meets internal (GRA/SLIA) and External Audit assurance requirements;
- Manage Audit interface with Processes and support audit planning, controls reliance and evidence availability, Process readiness and professional response;
- Develop tools (with D&A and SLIA) to continuously monitor the performance of controls (Power BI, Dashboards etc.).
- Professional Certification in Finance or Accounting Degree or equivalent professional certification, MBA;
- GBS professional accreditation or controls design experience a preference;
- 5 years External or Internal Audit/Compliance experience and BA/BS or Legal degree;
- Additional language skills are a plus (Spanish, French, or any others);
- E2E process maps and Control Work Instructions - mastery;
- Controls design and deployment – skilled;
- Continuous controls monitoring – intermediate.
Feel free to apply here!