Commercial Finance Junior Manager
British American Tobacco is a leading tobacco group, with brands sold in more than 200 markets. We employ more than 57,000 people and, with over 200 brands in our portfolio, we make the cigarette chosen by one in eight of the world’s one billion adult smokers. We hold robust market positions in each of our four regions – Americas; Asia-Pacific; Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa; and Western Europe – and we are leaders in more than 60 markets.Cerinte
- Degree educated with professional finance qualification in progress (CA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Relevant experience in a global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of other functional areas, e.g. Brand & Trade marketing
- An ability to work effectively with all levels of staff within the company and external parties
- Ability to handle large volumes of information and present it in an accurate and relevant format.
- Problem solving ability is essential
- Ability to work under pressure and keep to tight deadlines
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of reporting and analysis in order to provide value added, commercially focused insights to the Marketing function;
- Accurately executes and supports the implementation of the strategy and tactics through:
- Provision of high-quality financial information, analysis and commercial insights to support the liaison with Marketing function
- Developing and delivering insightful financial analysis showing the commercial implications of decisions and helping the Area Finance team and Brand marketing / Trade Marketing teams get approval for commercially viable business cases, budgets and investment proposals
- Sharing insightful information to support the Resource Allocation;
- Build strong financial and commercial awareness;
- Country Specific reviews of holistic Marketing Investment to support company's tactics in terms of Resource Allocation;
- Implements best practice and effective internal financial planning processes and controls in line with business needs;
- Supports the stakeholder engagement between Finance, Marketing, Legal and external affairs function, Sales Planning and Insights and specialized finance functions as required.
- Be the key point of contact for the local teams and for the Global Business Service provider;
- Ensure market adherence to SOX, Internal Controls, Reporting and system related submissions;
- Prepare and deliver financial information for Company Plan, Forecasts and Actual results in line with timelines, company procedures and controls.
- Analyse variances and do financial modelling to accurately reflect the impact of proposed strategies on the operating results of the business and to support informed business decisions