Technical Support Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Societe Generale European Business Services active
View all jobs Technical Support Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Banks - Financial Institutions active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Your Mission: The Market Access team is developing and maintaining exchange connectivity and high performance front office systems. All development is leveraging on a common framework developed in Asia, Europe and Americas. Increasing demands on the order management system and the data feed distribution architecture implies the implementation of new and innovative technical solutions. Those solutions often involve significant manpower, with very diverse technical skills (networking, system, real-time algorithm, market data…). Your mission will be to support the users of the Investment Banking Division for the activity electronic trading. The user base is mostly in London and Paris, but also in EMEA and consists of Front Officers (mainly Traders) and Middle Officers. The role is to work on technical and functional issues impacting the trading on over 80 financial markets. Your Role in a Nutshell:
- Support all Market Accesses for Equity trading activities and middle office officers in deal reconciliation matters.
- Manage Incident raised by the users up to their resolution.
- Perform TSM tasks on the feature team topics when required.
- Manage requests coming directly from users or from Trading Tools support teams.
- Work closely with the exchanges on issues and changes.
- Escalate the incidents to appropriate development team (support level 3) when required. Liaise with relevant IT teams regarding new functional and technical enhancements.
- Technical and applicative monitoring of the platform.
- User training: Ensure knowledge of users is up to date on the applications.
- Manage problems from the rootcause identification to the execution of the action plan.
A little about You:
- Experience in a support position;
- Willing to learn the business of our applications (Finance for Investment Banking, European Regulation);
- Analytical skills
- Basic knowledge and experience in SQL (MySQL, SQL…)
- Good technical level on Unix & Linux (95%) and Windows (5%).
- Strong skills on shell scripting and Perl and/or Python and network skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks (to size urgency of a request vs impact of the incident)
- Good command of English, both written and spoken with the ability to participate in English-only meetings. — French knowledge is an advantage.
- Dynamic, detail oriented, fast learning capacity and able to work in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Finance.
- Knowledge of Docker, Jenkins
- Knowledge of Web Services
Besides a career what else we offer:
- Competitive remuneration based on qualifications and seniority;
- Yearly bonus per company policy;
- Discounts for retailers;
- Medical services and life insurance;
- Private pension contribution;
- A modern working environment: open, informal, fun atmosphere;
- Continuous training and development programs;
- Work from Home 2 days/week.