Technical Consultant Jr.
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Hewlett Packard Enterprise active
View all jobs Technical Consultant Jr. active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, our ideas propel our world faster. We’re an industry-leading technology company. And we’re accelerating everything we do. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, our technology and services help transform our customers around the world to become more efficient, more productive and more secure. They enable our customers to go further. And our employees to develop, learn and advance their careers. Ready to change the world? No one’s doing it faster.
Mission: We help customers use technology to slash the time it takes to turn ideas into value. In turn, they transform industries, markets and lives.
Some of our customers run traditional IT environments. Most are transitioning to a secure, cloud-enabled, mobile-friendly infrastructure. Many rely on a combination of both. Wherever they are in that journey, we provide the technology and solutions to help them succeed.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associate degree holder (technical field) with 5 + years working experience in related fields desired.
Knowledge and skills:
· Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to design and scope multiple deliverables across a number of technologies.
· Ability to develop solutions that enhance the availability, performance, maintainability and agility of a particular customer’s enterprise. Has contributed to the design and application of new
tools. Ability to re-use existing experience to develop new solutions to take to market.
· Possesses an understanding, at a detailed level, of architectural dependencies of technologies in use in the customer’s IT environment. Frequently uses product and application knowledge along with internals or architectural knowledge to develop solutions. A recognized expert in one or more technologies within own technical community and also at regional level. Holds a vendor or industry certification in at least one discipline area.
· Able to communicate with internal and external senior management confidently and demonstrate the professionalism of the job family.
· Ability to work in a multi-technology environment with the ability to diagnose complex technical problems to their root cause. In addition to troubleshooting skills and consulting skills, has ability to summarize prognosis and impact at practice lead level. Ability to adapt a consulting style appropriate to the situation and can identify up-sell opportunities.
· Be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of market dynamics, an industry area, commercial issues, and technical concerns whilst maintaining depth in core focus area.
· Ability to present within own area of expertise as part of a customer sales presentation, putting forward domain-specific information within the context of an HPE sales campaign. Has
demonstrated ability to lead others in the gathering of requirements, designs, plans and estimates. Able to produce complete proposals for smaller engagements within own area of expertise.
· Demonstrates broad knowledge in other technical areas in order to properly manage complex integration efforts. Demonstrates application of technical expertise in successful engagements involving multiple disciplines.
· Able to independently complete solution implementation or application design deliverable.
· Able to manage a team of consultants in the completion of one or more solution requirements, architecture, or implementation deliverable.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues, and is seen by others within HPE as a subject matter expert.
Proficiency level for on-site activity that has in-depth knowledge of the hardware area (storages, server, networking), design and implement complex technical solutions with relevant working experience on the enterprise equipment (including installation, complex upgrades, etc.)
Usually works on complex problems or projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of multiple factors. Regularly exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Sometimes represents the organization to external customers/clients.Responsibilities:
· Responsible for verifying and implementing the detailed technical design solution to the problem as identified by the Project/Technical Manager. Often responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions. Is often the Principal Consultant who analyzes and develops enterprise technology solutions.
· Regularly leads in the technical assessment and delivery of specific technical solutions to the customer. Provides a team structure conducive to high performance, and manages the team lifecycle stages.
· Coordinates implementation of new installations, designs, and migrations for technology solutions in one of the following work domains: networks, applications or platforms.
· Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to others on proposal efforts, solution design, system management, tuning and modification of solutions. Provides input to HPE strategy moving forward.
· Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and requirements. Responds to requests for technical information from customers. Develops customer technology solutions using various industry, products and technologies.
· Engages in technical problem solving across multiple technologies; often needs to develop new methods to apply to the situation.
Regularly produces internally published material such as knowledge briefs, service delivery kit components and modules, etc. Presents at multi-customer technology conferences.
· Creates and supports sales activities. Manages bids, or major input into the sales life cycle. Manages activities and provides qualitative and quantitative information for successful sales. Produces complete proposals for smaller engagements within area of expertise. Actively grows HPE portfolio with existing customers through new opportunities and change management.