Description The primary purpose of the role is the technical and commercial engineering of solutions, proposals and subsequent execution of assigned instrumentation requests for MRO and projects, ensuring our contractual commitments are fulfilled whilst maximizing our customers’ satisfaction and achieving the internally agreed level of profitability. Responsibilities
- Responsible for preparing the technical and commercial bid, ensuring that all technical clarifications are discussed and closed before the order is placed. The Project Engineer should be highly involved in all project stages from Proposal until end of Execution;
- Analyzes complex customer specification, comments on the specification and find competitive optimized solutions (customer benefit);
- Responsible to ensure that project requirements are met, taking responsibility for the development and delivery of compliant, high quality engineering solutions to the customer, preparing the project for the next step, execution. Responsible in minimizing negative impact to Rosemount;
- Develop and establish project standards and guidelines;
- Develop and maintain a very good knowledge of products and applications;
- Interfaces and works in alignment with sales in development of proposal;
- Provide technical support to the project administration team to clean customer purchase orders and assist in their entry into Emerson business systems in a timely manner;
- Ensure project engineering documentation is approved and completed to schedule;
- Ensure relevant project technical knowledge is transferred to all internal partners, locally and globally, to successfully deliver the overall project to the customer;
- Ensure full compliance with all Emerson Trade Compliance and Ethical Business policies and procedures;
- Fulfill any other reasonable duties as required procedures.
- University degree in Engineering;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken;
- Very driven, enjoy multitasking and can work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- General computer literacy including use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook packages;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience;
- Full driving license and flexibility with business travel.
About Emerson Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future. Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.