Develop and manage suppliers to support RTR sales and manufacturing activities. Provide technical and sourcing expertise for the qualification and development of suppliers. Control costs through development of a cost effective, efficient, high quality, lean supply chain. Reduce lead times and implement supplier pull systems to improve agility and customer service levels. Drive improved cash flow via inventory reductions and payment term improvements. Develop long term agreements, leveraging worldwide volumes where possible. Execute supply base improvement initiatives.
- Own and improve RTR supplier performance metrics for: DPOs, lead times, on time delivery, quality, delivery frequency and supply base reduction.
- Identify and develop key suppliers to support European and international requirements.
- Provide operational and technical support in the identification, qualification and development of suppliers. This includes completion of supplier surveys and ESACs for all required suppliers.
- Coordination of procurement/sourcing activities together with European Procurement Office.
- Creation of formal bids and requests for proposals by reviewing specifications and spend data. Also, complete bid analysis to determine lowest total cost of ownership.
- Assist in the preparation of purchase orders, appropriation requests and requisitions.
- Review of purchases for completeness and compliance with applicable requirements.
- (Check of invoices for accuracy, modification of purchase orders and processing of payment).
- Negotiate, review, prepare (with legal) and award commercial contracts for goods and services.
- Contact, follow-up and internal reporting of suppliers’ performance concerning: product information, prices, quality, deliveries, service, order systems.
- Manage Emerson Inflation Model for assigned suppliers and projects.
- Assist with the development, rollout and follow up on European procurement procedures, processes and specifications.
- Support Engineering teams on new product development projects by issuing RFQs, recommending supply sources / manufacturing processes and meeting costs targets.
- Prepare and present supplier results to companywide audience as part of the monthly S&OP process.
- Update supplier information in Supplier Master.
- Run online auctions to meet spend velocity and containment targets.
- Co-ordinate creation of annual RTR and European parts analysis submission.
- Lead / Participate in Perfect Execution initiatives.
- Travel minimum of 10% of the time to develop and manage supply base.
- Technical university degree is preferred;
- At least 2 years of working experience in manufacturing procurement;
- Online auction experience is an advantage;
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel;
- Analytical skills, negotiating and result oriented competencies;
- Flexible attitude, ability to communicate with all levels of the organization;
- Pro-active, able to identify and handle priorities.
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future. Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.