Lifecycle Services Proposal Engineer
The Lifecycle Services Proposal Engineer is responsible for the timely delivery of accurate quotations based on customer requests, in line with the sales strategy.
- Develop and maintain a solid knowledge of Power Water and Solutions (PWS) and other Business Units products, services and Industry applications
- Analyze customers Request For Quote (RFQ) for Lifecycle Services proposals, raise and resolve any queries
- Prepare quotations for SureService and issue renewals within the set target
- Manage customers RFQ for Lifecycle Services portfolio (e.g.: System Backup and Recovery, Machinery Health Monitoring, Cybersecurity, Ovation Upgrade Services)
- Solution architect during pursuit and proposal phase by defining innovative and efficient solutions to fit customers’ requirements
- Responsible for the generation of all LS project proposal deliverables (Bill of Material, Table of Compliance, System Architecture, Total Cost of Ownership, Technical Solution and Commercial Proposal,) using various proposal tools ensuring accuracy and completeness of the financial estimates
- Collaborate, communicate and align activities with the local European PWS service sales teams and Integrated Solutions Center Cluj departments to understand customer needs and requirements
- Organize and/or attend internal proposal kick off and review meetings; report on assigned tasks and assumes full ownership of assigned actions
- Work with the European PWS service sales team to issue several proposals in parallel
- Be flexible to travel to customer sites as well as to other Emerson European offices for kick-off meetings, clarifications, site surveys, proposal development and review meetings in accordance with the agreed service sales and proposal strategies
- Follow the correct working methods, procedures, tools
- Support the development of Junior engineers through technical and work processes training
- Adhere to Emerson Automation Solution Ethical values at all time
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position in a commercial or engineering environment (customer support, sales support, technical sales, service engineer)
- University studies in an Engineering discipline, preferred: Automation, Electrical, Telecoms, Chemical
- Good knowledge of Power Industry Processes or Process Control, and Instrumentation is an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications
- Technical writing, detail-oriented and ability to work accurately
- English language upper intermediate (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of a second European language is considered an advantage
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.