LAN Implementation Engineer
Works as part of the LAN Service Engineering Group, within GCIS/Information Security, to engineer LAN services to be delivered and operated in a globally consistent manner by Service Delivery & Operations. In addition, supports ‘non-standard/complex’ LAN design/implementations and service impacting escalations.
- Participates in the GCIS Service Release Management Process for New Services and ongoing Service Feature releases to include, but not limited to:
- Working with the Service Lead on the initial service/releases ensuring a handover to Service Engineering
- Working in a cross functional team to develop the service and required transition deliverables
- Working in a cross functional team to ensure the service is built and tested
- Working with Service Delivery & Operations to train and handover the service such that it can delivered and supported consistently
- Participates in and applies the same Process for subsequent service releases as defined by the Service Roadmap
- Provide LAN design expertise that aligns with LAN Service for new buildings, re-designs, acquisitions, and other LAN projects to meet current LAN service levels and supported hardware
- Provide and/or check finalized Build of Material list (parts list) for LANs
- Working knowledge of LAN technologies and protocols used in enterprise networks
- Layer 3 and 2 design aspects for enterprise LANs
- Ability to design and troubleshoot highly available LANs
- Working knowledge of LAN media types and ability to diagnose issues remotely
- Collaborate with team to provide feedback for improving processes and standards for LAN Services aligned with management and service roadmap
- Provide and/or check LAN documentation and that designs adhere with standards
- Work with other LAN projects and tasks as needed
- Provides 4th level support to Operations for escalated issues
- BA/BS in Information Systems or related area required
- Cisco LAN Certification preferred (e.g CCNA)
- ITIL v3 Foundation Level
- Results oriented with personal accountability
- Excellent attention to detail, quality and control
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; calm, polite and professional
- Process Disciplined
- Ability to work with both local and global dispersed teams
- Minimum 7 years of IT experience.
- Minimum two years of experience in the design, implementation and operation of Local Area Networks with Cisco hardware in an enterprise environment.
- Experience of using Cisco AAA TACACS solutions (e.g. ACS and/or ISE)
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.