Linux Sys Admin for Mobile Telecom Servers (4G/5G)
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Ericsson active
View all jobs Linux Sys Admin for Mobile Telecom Servers (4G/5G) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how does it support you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
Job Summary & Responsibilities
We are seeking for someone who can look at an error message and have the holistic knowledge to be able to drill down into the platform and up into the application to figure out what’s causing the error and then come up with a plan to address it, and execute that plan.
System Administrator for maintenance and troubleshooting activities on Linux, Unix, Windows servers, VMware, OpenStack.
Mandatory requirements, however more experience will grant access to senior position:
- SysAdmin experience: minimum 5 years
- Linux knowledge, has very good experience with at lease one programming language like Bash, Python, Perl.
- Strong understanding of virtualization, cloud concepts, cloud components and cloud management experience;
Nice to have requirements:
- Networking and basic routing (CISCO courses represents an advantage)
- Database very basic knowledge – basic query level ( any of Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, MS SQL, MS Access)
- Mobile telecommunication systems knowledge
- Knowledge of Network or Element Management Systems
- Administration or user experience with Performance Management Systems (data processing, parsing, database loading and export / visualization)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, Polytechnics represents an advantage
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work within a global, remote workforce
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Available for on-call duty (7 days every month)
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.