Should Cost Engineer
Acest job nu mai este activ!
Vezi toate job-urile Garrett - Advancing Motion active.
Vezi toate job-urile Should Cost Engineer active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in Achizitii - Logistica - Aprovizionare active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in Inginerie active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in Productie active pe Hipo.ro
Are you an experienced Mechanical Engineer, focused on Casting & Machining? We’ll provide training in order to turn you into a highly experienced Should Cost Engineer. And in case you were wondering… a Should Cost Engineer is an experienced individual who is estimating costs of components that Garrett purchases, based on assumed manufacturing process from our suppliers. These studies are being used to define target prices for new businesses, for sourcing decisions, design modifications, current production, new design development and bench-marking. The outcome is the acceleration of the customer offer, expecting higher buzz win rate with lower targets prices, better material margin owing to lower sourcing targets, and better productivity with the highlight of area of savings.
1) Should Cost models:
• Define and update Should Cost models for existing and new components by ensuring close-loop process
• Validate new Should Cost models for existing & new components by making technological watch
• Search market information (global economics, process improvements, supplier visits, etc) and update should cost model accordingly
2) Should Cost targets:
• Propose target price for components for bidding stage for new programs : project target prices of his / her family of components over 5 years period in accordance with the Commodity Strategy
• Define sourcing target price for components during sourcing decision
• Manage historical prices database and "market price" estimation per supplier/process/regions supplier/process/regions
3) Sourcing Strategy:
• Map competitiveness reports for his/her family of components by Suppliers / Regions / Process Technology • Map Actual sourcing price versus plan of competitiveness
• Market and component cost analysis to support commodity strategy at short and middle term (STRAP, AOP)
4) Current production/productivity
• Estimate "should cost" on current production components to highlight area of negotiation to commodity.
• Support Value Engineering initiative by running Should Cost analysis on the components. Estimate cost impact on modifications
• Propose design changes to reduce costs
• Support as needed negotiations with suppliers based on should cost models Requirements:
• Degree in engineering is mandatory
• Analytics skills
• Fluent English
• Deep experience in manufacturing process, purchasing or supplier quality management (ideally casting, machining, grinding, stamping, assembly), or product development (automotive industry preferred).
• Ability to challenge supplier processes assumptions owing to years of experience of various processes and cost breakdown • Able to work in a cross functional team and multicultural environment
• Understand and communicate high-level project status, while resolving low-level detail issues
• Integrate diverse project activities, understanding the inter-relationships between tasks and ensuring consistency and alignment
• Integrative thinker
• Global mindset
• Knowledge of project management tools and techniques would be a plus