Senior Java Consultant
Your new company
For one of our clients, a top technology consultancy company in the banking industry, we are looking for a Senior Java Consultant who is willing to move to an investment banking context or to become expert in the last OLAP cube technology.
Your new role
You will be part of a team of senior Java Professionals & ActivePilot who are handling different projects / clients, however following activities are covered:
- Proposing and implementing technical solutions by developing and maintaining Java based components and interfaces
- Defining technical objectives by analysing user requirements and proposing system features and functionality
- Determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests (using TDD/BDD).
- Integrating applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; establishing connectivity with network systems and information servers
- Creating development solutions based on best practice; contributing to team meetings; trouble-shooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- Mentoring and occasional management of more junior team members
- Supporting customers (internal and external) by developing documentation and assistance tools
+6 Years experience in core Java (version 8, 9)
Previous proven experience with:
- Spring, Spring Boot, web services (SOAP, REST), Maven
- Deployment within a web application (Tomcat, Jetty)
- Database technologies (RDBMS, SQL, NoSQL)
- Source control and SDLC workflow management tools like GIT, SVN, Jenkins, etc
- You are comfortable in a UNIX environment and understand test-driven development and deployment using CI
- Analysis tools and OLAP technologies (ActivePivot, Microsoft Analysis Services)
- BigData systems (Spark).
- RESTful Services
- JSON processing and binding
- Enterprise integration systems or understanding of integration architecture (EIP, JMS)
- Distributed systems
- Java Memory Model and Garbage Collection
- Java profiling (JMC, JProfiler, Jstack), JMX
- BDD (Cucumber) and Agile methodology
- Widely used trading or risk management systems, such as Murex, Sophis, Summit, Calypso, Front Arena
Highly Professional Team
Access to newest technology
Exposure to cross-cultural environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.