Senior Cloud System Engineer in Amsterdam
We are looking for a Senior Cloud System Engineer with experience in setting up, developing and maintaining private cloud infrastructures. Our client is currently implementing a modern and robust intelligence platform in a private cloud that will provide new and improved intelligence. Due to an increase in workload, the organisation wants to expand the number of DevOps teams. The job implies to join their teams in Amsterdam and work from there for a year.
- Development, configuration and maintenance of complex (private) cloud environments (Openstack).
- Experience in development, deployment and configuration of servers and containers (Linux, KVM, Docker, Puppet, Ansible).
- Experience with software define networking in private cloud environments (SDN/Openstack).
- (Scripting) programming languages (Bash, Python).
- Experience with DevOps tooling (Jenkins, Git).
- 3 years experience in a similar role over the past 6 years and a minimum of 1 year working experience in building private cloud solutions.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in working with Agile, Continuous Delivery and DevOps.
- Experience with some of the following distributions: Ubuntu Debian, Redhat and/or CentOS.
- Experience with object based storage: Ceph and/or RadosGW.
- Redhat RHCE certification is a bonus.
- Some experience with DBMS’, SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, MaxScale, Galera.
- Work within agile teams to develop and maintain applications.
- Be part of DevOps team of developers, data scientists, UX designers, cloud and big data engineers to accept new challenges.
- Have a passion for open source software and experimenting with it.
- Share knowledge with your colleagues from your field of expertise.
- Participate in stand-by shifts and daily development process.
- Work in a dynamic and sometimes chaotic environment.