Linux Infrastructure Engineer
BullGuard is a pioneer in the Internet of Things (IoT) and connected device security for consumers. It released the world’s first IoT vulnerability checker and following the acquisition of Dojo Labs is leading the consumer cyber-security industry in providing the highest level of protection to consumers across all of their internet-connected devices and smart homes.Requirements
- 3+ years relevant experience in HA Systems Administration, including design, implementation, ongoing administration, and support of critical systems.
- Experience with HA Storage systems like proprietary NetApp or EqualLogic, but also opensource like Ceph or ZFS.
- Hands on experience on Red Hat/CentOS, Debian/Ubuntu, BSD and derivates, ESXi, XEN and HyperV systems.
- Strong knowledge of network protocols and OSI Model
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/2016 Active Directory domain, DNS, DHCP, WINS.
- Strong experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, New Relic, Zabbix, etc.
- The ability to take a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one’s knowledge and experience bases.
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code deployments (from PXE booting and installing metal on premise to Cloud Formation or similar tools in public clouds)
- System configuration management expertise with products such as Chef, Puppet, CFEngine, Ansible or containers
- Hands-on experience with version control systems like Git, Mercurial, Subversion.
- Hands-on experience with public cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services.
- Working knowledge of backup and restore solutions in Linux and Windows environments
- Data Security mindset with knowledge of encryption protocols and netflow configuration for traffic audit
- Good understanding of Load Balancer technologies like open source HAproxy or Nginx and closed sourced like Citrix Netscaler and further application 3-tier architecture concepts.
- Great experience with datacenter switch equipment and installation and DNS, DHCP, NFS, CIFS, SNMP, IPTABLES, PF concepts.
- Vulnerability scanning with tools like Backtrack / Kali Linux.
- Time and project management skills
- Design, plan, implement, support and maintain on premise datacentre and network, server and storage systems in a high-availability environment, providing senior level technical expertise on projects.
- Proactively monitor computing platforms for performance issues and respond within strict time frames.
- Provide support on Infrastructure and Integration-related issues to internal teams and mentor own team.
- Work as the primary liaison between our company and our Infrastructure technology vendors.
- Develop and maintain processes to support business continuity in the event of an infrastructure disaster situation.
- Scheduling and supporting internal security scans and compliance audits.
- Creating and maintaining the Infrastructure’s documentation and knowledge base.
At BullGuard, we make it simple to protect everything in your digital life.
From data to your identity and your Smart Home, we combine technical expertise with a genuine understanding of customer needs, in order to deliver complete protection across all your connected devices.
BullGuard’s Infrastructure Team consists of experienced Engineers who thrive in challenging environments. We are experiencing impressive growth and therefore welcoming new members in the team as Linux System Administrator.