LDAP Subject Matter Expert
NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
- Ambitious and outgoing personality who enjoys a fast-paced technology environment
- Degree in Computer Science, Information technology, Industrial Engineering or similar
- Proven experience as technology expert in a complex, security driven and technologically diversified environment, preferably in High Tech
- Strong motivation to apply and promote End-to-End thinking
- Proven track of analyzing, structuring and simplifying complex landscapes with multiple technology layers
- Working experience in the environment where users are savvy in (Information) Technology
- Over 5 to 10 years of IT experience in designing and implementing LDAP solutions in a large multi-national environment, preferably with SailPoint, Oracle Unified Directory Services and NetIQ eDirectory (MicroFocus) experience
- Experience with Linux is a must
- Experience with security is preferred
- Business English is a must
Define technology standards and future state for LDAP services:
- Creation and maintenance of architecture: design directives, standards, solution building blocks
- Responsible that architecture meets User , Certification and IT Service requirements
- Define structural changes needed in the architecture, define and maintain migration strategies and relevant roadmaps towards the to be situation/future state, together with business and third-party suppliers
- Research, cost-justify and drive technological improvements
- Liaise with all architects to assure overall fit & integration
- Understand LDAP trends in the broader industry and how those can be applied within NXP
- Discuss requests from other NXP IT domains / teams (projects) to change LDAP architectural standards, perform impact analyses
- Provides insights in identifying new concepts, ideas, techniques, best practices and technology assistance
- Decision owner for architectural decisions on LDAP services
Identifying decisions to be taken about the solution:
- Ensuring the decisions are taken as well as possible by the decision-making authority
- Communicating the decisions and their impact to stakeholders
- Identify (potential) issues in LDAP solution and liaise with stakeholders to initiate solutions
- Analyze and assess impact of NXP policy and strategy changes and translate into LDAP architecture requirements
Supervise designs within projects / initiatives:
- Review and/or approve technical solutions – assurance of compliance with directives, standards and guidelines + assurance of fit-for-purpose
- Supervise that implementation is in accordance with design
- Responsible that LDAP services meet requirements of reliability, availability, manageability, performance and security
- Responsibility for the flow of identities to and from all LDAP services in the R&D design environment
- Performs LDAP services upgrades, enhancement and revisions
- Analyzing user issues with the LDAP services and solve them in collaboration with our vendor or supplier
- Drives significant and unique issues resolution where analysis require full landscape overview
Contribute to my squad:
- Key advisor for Product Owner on technology aspects of LDAP services
- Working together with my peer squad members to deliver a releasable increment.
-Accountability belongs to the squad as a whole.
- Refining and explaining backlog items with the team (the “How”).
- Designing and applying continuous verification techniques and methods to receive feedback about the quality of the product being produced. Quality is owned by the squad as a whole
- Owning the squad’s way of working, how and with whom
- Respecting the boundaries of self-organization set by the organization
- Owning my personal development
For our R&D-IT Domain, we are looking for an LDAP subject matter expert for the Infrastructure team. The LDAP SME is responsible for operational support & architectural support for the LDAP solution that is used within our R&D IT design environment. The LDAP SME reports to the Product Owner of the Infrastructure team.
The R&D IT design environment is a complex landscape of EDA Applications supported by High Performance Compute & Storage environments consolidated in five regional datacenters. Over 7,000 chip hardware designers spread across 40+ locations around the world use this state-of-the-art design environment. It consists of over 75,000 cores and 30+ PBytes of data, serving over 2,000 CAD applications and versions. The operational service teams are globally organized to cover 24/7 support to the chip design projects.
What will you do as our new R&D LDAP SME?
As LDAP subject matter expert for the Infrastructure team in the R&D IT design infrastructure you will be held responsible for supporting and using complex and advanced technologies in the R&D IT Solutions domain of NXP Semiconductors. You work in close cooperation with Product Owners, Application Groups and Engineering teams, including assurance that requirements and its solutions are designed, built and incorporated into the Engineering IT services delivered to the customer.